Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O.T. Cayenne
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Went to a Porsche show today and had a close up look of the new Cayenne.....I told my self I'd reserve my judgement until I saw it in the flesh...And (imho) it doesn't work -its F.ugly.
Although its performance is unquestionable....EVO magazine recorded that it was quicker round their test track than a BMW M3!!
thesey914
some good cars there tho-
thesey914
another-
thesey914
Nice USA import....never got to speak to the owner-Steel flares and usa tail lights
thesey914
some more
Andyrew
Nice pics, thanks..

IMHO, As long as it keeps Porsche in production, and keeps their up their budget, then I dont really care, Like the 924.. I dont particularly like it, but it saved the comp, and its an older sibling of the 944's (which I like alot).

Andrew
vortrex
how the heck can that be faster around the track than an M3!?
tryan
my buddy and i did a little car shopping in the rain last week. he's in suburban/stationwagon mode. the local p dealer has one of each and the turbo was optioned out to almost 100k. i lost my woodie.
Red-Beard
I didn't realise that Porsche was so late to the game...

I saw a Ferrari SUV today: a Donzai or something close. Other than being the bright red color, normal for those cars, there didn't seem to be anything special. It did say it was 5 liters, on the back.

confused24.gif

James

icon8.gif
thesey914
QUOTE(vortrex @ Jun 22 2003, 11:33 AM)
how the heck can that be faster around the track than an M3!?

Yes, I did raise my eyebrows ....but I figured that these are journalists' primarily and not race drivers. Having said that they do test cars for a living and should be pretty tasty drivers -better than your average Joe.
EVO quoted :-
Porsche Cayenne Turbo 126.85
BMW M3 126.85
So NOT actually faster but an amazing achievement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.