Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4 piston oil squiters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barefoot
The main oil gallery runs down one side of the case, so small holes could be drilled to squirt to one side. To supply the other side would take some right angle extensions to aim oil where needed.
Has anyone one this ??
gcrotvik
QUOTE(barefoot @ Aug 13 2016, 09:36 AM) *

The main oil gallery runs down one side of the case, so small holes could be drilled to squirt to one side. To supply the other side would take some right angle extensions to aim oil where needed.
Has anyone one this ??

Competition Engineering provides this feature. They are in lake Isabella CA. Long line to get in to get work done but well worth it.

Greg
Mark Henry
Not really needed, just file a groove on each side of the rod aimed at the little end, about .010 and run the larger T1 oil pump.

I think Jake experimented with them a long time ago.
Why would one "file" the rod and possibly put a stress area on the rod. If Porsche thought it would provide any benifits, would you think they would move ahead or simply half A.. a solution.
My little brain reminds me that the oil squiters were utilize to cool the back side of the pistons.
DBCooper
QUOTE(396 @ Aug 13 2016, 02:16 PM) *

Why would one "file" the rod and possibly put a stress area on the rod. If Porsche thought it would provide any benifits, would you think they would move ahead or simply half A.. a solution.
My little brain reminds me that the oil squiters were utilize to cool the back side of the pistons.

Here, the 1990 VW tech bulletin recommending a groove be filed into the connecting rods of all re-man engines: http://www.ratwell.com/mirror/www.dolphins...m/techbull.html

The rods and engine are VW, exactly like what's in your car. The groove directs the oil escaping the rod bearings up onto the bottom side of the piston, for cooling.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.