Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The rubber guy 914rubber.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vnault
Hi,

Is any of you know someone at 914rubber ? I tried to contact them many times, by phone and email and I did not received any feedback.

One item was missing in my order and another one is not the right one.

Side question, what glue do you use for the rubber ?

thanks,

Vincent
TheCabinetmaker
Might help to tell us what rubber piece you want to glue. Not sure what piece would even require gluing.
toolguy
Mark [mikey914] will always make it right. . If you get no reply to phone message and emails to his site, send him a PM through World. . He's a busy guy with a separate career.

mepstein
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 13 2016, 01:12 PM) *

Mark [mikey914] will always make it right. . If you get no reply to phone message and emails to his site, send him a PM through World. . He's a busy guy with a separate career.

He does have employees now so they should be able to respond in a reasonable time frame. There was a 914rubber hotline number to call. His go to guy is Blake.
amfab
There is a contact link on the website. They usually are very prompt
Mikey914
Hey, just saw the thread, we were pretty busy Thursday and Friday doing another run of bumper tops. I did review all the messages and had to return a few calls, but I didn't see an international number logged. You will have to leave a message for us to return a call as hang ups are not logged.

To make sure you were calling the 855-914-GUYS (4897)? As anyone in the office can access the messages to get you a call back.

Yes, always happy to make things right. Tried to look you up as Vincent is not what I consider a more common name, but in the last 60 days I've had 3 people names Vincent that have made purchases. Last name start with C,D,or N?

Either way you can PM me with the issue and I can easily get resolved.

As far as the glue question goes, depends on what you are gluing. For the most part superglue will work if you can get a clean surface. It gets more exotic from there.
vnault
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 13 2016, 09:07 AM) *

Might help to tell us what rubber piece you want to glue. Not sure what piece would even require gluing.

I have many rubber to install. The one around the front hood, behind the rear window, inside the rear hood and the more complicated one... the vertical one beside the windows (there is no more rail there).

I need something that will stick vertically from the paint to the rubber.

vnault
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 13 2016, 10:48 AM) *

Hey, just saw the thread, we were pretty busy Thursday and Friday doing another run of bumper tops. I did review all the messages and had to return a few calls, but I didn't see an international number logged. You will have to leave a message for us to return a call as hang ups are not logged.

To make sure you were calling the 855-914-GUYS (4897)? As anyone in the office can access the messages to get you a call back.

Yes, always happy to make things right. Tried to look you up as Vincent is not what I consider a more common name, but in the last 60 days I've had 3 people names Vincent that have made purchases. Last name start with C,D,or N?

As far as the glue question goes, depends on what you are gluing. For the most part superglue will work if you can get a clean surface. It gets more exotic from there.

Pm sent
vnault
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 13 2016, 10:48 AM) *

Thanks Mikey914 I have received and install the parts... I appreciate you help to finally get those. Did you voluntarily added radio plastic handle ?
Mikey914
Yes we are known for adding in bonus parts occasionally
Thanks
Mark
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 1 2016, 12:03 PM) *

Thanks
Mark

first.gif beerchug.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(vnault @ Aug 13 2016, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 13 2016, 09:07 AM) *

I have many rubber to install. The one around the front hood, behind the rear window, inside the rear hood and the more complicated one... the vertical one beside the windows (there is no more rail there).

I need something that will stick vertically from the paint to the rubber.

I'd recommend trying to find that metal channel for the side seal in the classifieds. I don't know that glue will hold it, or that it'll seal to the window properly without it.
And please please please do not glue in the front trunk seal. It's a guaranteed way to get the front drain channels to rust as water won't be able to drain out of it. The 914rubber front trunk seal fits so perfectly and snugly (way better than the original Porsche seal) that you don't need to glue it anyway.
Mikey914
3M makes a weatherstrip adheasive that stays tacky, I'd recommend using it sparsely if you must.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 1 2016, 03:03 PM) *

Thanks
Mark

No kidding. blink.gif I may buy another 914 so I have a car to put all the "bonus parts" he's sent me over the years!
Wyvern
I don't know if this is their preferred method of communication ... but they seem to be active on facebook and I have messaged a few times and got almost instant response
Mark B. R.
QUOTE(vnault @ Aug 13 2016, 10:04 AM) *

Hi,

Is any of you know someone at 914rubber ? I tried to contact them many times, by phone and email and I did not received any feedback.

thanks,

Vincent

[email]I spoke with Scott at 855-914-4897. Great price and service on the front trunk rubber. Easy to install with good fit and will require only a little bit of Permatex in a few places. No need to goop it all.

Have you a line on a rear trunk lock? I removed and cleaned mine ant then installed it incorrectly and it is not going to open. Will need to drill and replace. Any ideas?

Mark[/email]
matthepcat
Oh yes. 914 rubber has always made my orders right. Years ago I orders a carpet kit that arrived with a few missing pieces. They made it right plus much more. Great company/vendor.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 1 2016, 12:03 PM) *

Thanks
Mark

Mikey914
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Sep 1 2016, 03:21 PM) *

I don't know if this is their preferred method of communication ... but they seem to be active on facebook and I have messaged a few times and got almost instant response

Preferred method is the 855-914-GUYS number as Scott usually picks up, but if not messages are logged and we do follow up..
mbseto
Mark, you need a logo like these guys (upper left corner):
http://www.rubberroomresoles.com/

(SFW, they just resole rock climbing shoes)
JFG
QUOTE(vnault @ Aug 13 2016, 06:04 PM) *

Hi,

thanks,

Vincent

Not just me then. I sent emails that were ignored time and again. After i discovered they return calls when messages left, i didn't get called back.

Had to chase mark/mike on here. Eventually sorted and received my order after 7/8 weeks. Couple of low quality low use "freebies" thrown in.

Not very good to deal with and wouldn't go back there again.
sb914
QUOTE(JFG @ Sep 2 2016, 07:04 AM) *

Hi,

thanks,

Vincent

Not just me then. I sent emails that were ignored time and again. After i discovered they return calls when messages left, i didn't get called back.

Had to chase mark/mike on here. Eventually sorted and received my order after 7/8 weeks. Couple of low quality low use "freebies" thrown in.

Chill out dude!! chair.gif Mark is a airline pilot,he is a super busy guy,who also takes the time to make parts for our cars ,that you will not be able to find anywhere ,especially in (whales)
He's a stand up person and always makes it right!!!
Mowog4
QUOTE(JFG @ Sep 2 2016, 06:04 AM) *

Hi,

thanks,

Vincent

They are a small business with a lot of balls in the air, I think they are a world class organization. I have enjoyed dealing with them and appreciate enthusiasts in the business.
mepstein
I've ordered a couple thousand dollars from 914rubber. I am very thankful Mark has created the company and supports our cars. I'll put up with a couple glitches here and there. I manage a Porsche shop. God knows we have our share of glitches. beerchug.gif
Chris H.
I can understand the frustration if this is your one and only experience, but over the long run you'll learn that 914rubber has contributed a lot to saving these cars. The rubber, vinyl, and small bits became some of the most difficult and expensive parts to find. Mark has gone out of his way to bring them to us at a fair price. He could charge double on some things and he knows he could get it but he doesn't. You can now buy a NEW front targa seal for what a CRAP used one used to be FAIRLY PRICED at for example. Same with a bumper top and a dozen other things. 914 parts are a niche market. We're lucky anyone is making this stuff.

Hang in there and Mark will deliver. He always does. And he owns up to any mistakes or delays. Everyone makes them. The quality is VERY good and I've never had a problem myself.
Lennies914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 2 2016, 10:49 AM) *

I can understand the frustration if this is your one and only experience, but over the long run you'll learn that 914rubber has contributed a lot to saving these cars. The rubber, vinyl, and small bits became some of the most difficult and expensive parts to find. Mark has gone out of his way to bring them to us at a fair price. He could charge double on some things and he knows he could get it but he doesn't. You can now buy a NEW front targa seal for what a CRAP used one used to be FAIRLY PRICED at for example. Same with a bumper top and a dozen other things. 914 parts are a niche market. We're lucky anyone is making this stuff.

Hang in there and Mark will deliver. He always does. And he owns up to any mistakes or delays. Everyone makes them. The quality is VERY good and I've never had a problem myself.

agree.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(JFG @ Sep 2 2016, 07:04 AM) *

Hi,

thanks,

Vincent

Part of the problem here was calls coming in via Skype and no messages left. We actually do return calls....if you leave a message. The numbers we tried to return calls to didn't accept them as they were Skype numbers. We do our best and are moving forward to improve the process, sorry your experience wasn't as good as it could be, but it was not for lack of trying on our part. International orders are somewhat problematic in that the current website isn't the best for it. We are making changes to accommodate more of our international customers. I'm sure you noticed that out actual shipping cost was much less than others charge as we pass on our savings, and don't use it as a profit center.

Please, if you are not happy for any reason return what you are not happy with for a full refund.
vnault
I just notice that I did send an email to Mark to thank him, but I forgot to tell the community that my issues were manage quickly once they were aware of it.

I have installed the new parts, on the car and everything fits well. First time I removed a bumper... easy enough !

I will certainly buy again without hesitation from 914rubber
Mikey914
Thanks for the follow up! biggrin.gif
NoEcm
I've owned my 914 for 40 years now.

Placed my first order with 914rubber.com 3 weeks ago.

One of the items was on back order (as indicated on their web site) until the August 26th and I was in no hurry for the stuff.

My entire order shipped the 27th and I couldn't be happier with the quality of their products and their shipping.

I'll be back again for more.
Whitney Mic
QUOTE(NoEcm @ Sep 7 2016, 08:09 PM) *

I've owned my 914 for 40 years now.

Placed my first order with 914rubber.com 3 weeks ago.

One of the items was on back order (as indicated on their web site) until the August 26th and I was in no hurry for the stuff.

My entire order shipped the 27th and I couldn't be happier with the quality of their products and their shipping.

I'll be back again for more.

They are great!!! first.gif

Everything I have bought fits, and everything looks good.

Not only that, my last two orders had back-ordered items that somehow were mysteriously shipped on time with the rest of my stuff. Mikey must have "Scotty" from Star Trek TOS working in the warehouse or something... Could explain the marvelous engineering I've seen in those restoration threads... or maybe Cary's Super in Law has been moonlighting at 914Rubber just for the giggles.

-- Whit
Mikey914
Thanks,
Cary and Super Inlaw have been working hard at getting my "extra" car p for sale for me. Needed some rust repair, as well as having them yank out the 2.0 and spruce it up. Scott really does a great job. I'm very lucky to have a guy that really cares and is not an hourly kind of guy. I know he has put in the extra effort on many occasion without being asked by me. Dare I say he's more organized than me and actually handles the day to day operations better than I did.
I'll pass on the good words to him as I'm sure he will appreciate it, and he really doesn't spend much time here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.