Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad West Performance Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Rocky
I picked up my new exhaust today from Dave at his shop in Olympia. My Bursch blew out coming back from WCR. I never liked the sound it had. This is a far superior product and sounds bitchen! Dave builds these one at a time by himself so don't expect them quickly. Takes a few months as he has a waiting list and takes his time. He ownes 2 teeners himself but doesn't get out to our events.
Great product, nice guy and lucky for me local! smilie_pokal.gif flag.gif pray.gif Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
pete000
I wish they made one for the 1.8 heat exchangers !
echocanyons
Dave makes the best sounding muffler for our cars.
I love his solo II version.
He's a great guy to talk with.

rhodyguy
Iirc, Dave offers exhausts for 1.7/1.8 HEs. Don't bother sending emails. Call the # provided on his site.
Rocky
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 14 2016, 06:22 AM) *

Iirc, Dave offers exhausts for 1.7/1.8 HEs. Don't bother sending emails. Call the # provided on his site.

Exactly, no texts or emails or nothing much happens. Got to talk to him. He picks up the phone immediately 80% of the time.
frankiec@outrageous.net
Where on the site can I find Dave's phone nbr??? Or if you have it please post.

Thanks

QUOTE(Rocky @ Aug 14 2016, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 14 2016, 06:22 AM) *

Exactly, no texts or emails or nothing much happens. Got to talk to him. He picks up the phone immediately 80% of the time.

6freak
1 253 280 6855
rhodyguy
Also listed in member vendors. You might have to dig back a few pages.
Chris H.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 14 2016, 08:22 AM) *

He definitely does. I talked to him about them way back in the day. Ended up going a different way on the engine but feedback is they are the usual high quality.
rhodyguy
Seem to remember folks buying them for the 75/76 HEs. I think Dave was trying to broaden the market application. Again, call Dave ON THE PHONE.
colingreene
I have one for the late heat exchangers.
works well.
Rocky
This is the Solo 2. Left side normal exit Right side points down so you can keep the stock look with the rear valance.
greenie
Just trying to stay up with the cool kids huh? poke.gif You will love the Triad, well worth the wait!
We missed you yesterday, let's plan one more run before the rain starts up!

Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
Anyone have a sound clip?
Rand
Youtube does. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...4+triad+exhaust
pete000
QUOTE(Rocky @ Aug 14 2016, 10:45 AM) *

This is the Solo 2. Left side normal exit Right side points down so you can keep the stock look with the rear valance.

Wow, this is just what I want. I will have to give him a shout to see if he can cook one up for my 1.8 !

Thanks !
jim_hoyland
Question: Can the triad be used with the Tangerine header system ?
Rocky
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 14 2016, 10:57 AM) *

Just trying to stay up with the cool kids huh? poke.gif You will love the Triad, well worth the wait!
We missed you yesterday, let's plan one more run before the rain starts up!

Click to view attachment

Ill never be as cool as you big guy! Yes, lets do another one for sure!!! driving.gif cheer.gif
Rocky
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 14 2016, 02:34 PM) *

Beats me Jim? Only if it has normal heat exchanger ends probably because he's not doing any more jigs.
Olympic 914
Hi Dave

Great to see a picture, I had numerous conversations with him when ordering my pipe.

pete000
Got my new Traid West Muffler installed on my 74 1.8/2056 with SSi's Sunday.

WOW, This thing sounds great. Was running a Bursch (I even hand ground the ports. Bursch ports are not matched and full of globy welds) The Triad West is perfecly finished and is really clean.

My seat of the pants Dyno shows remarkable torque and power gains. Engine revs so easily now all the way to the red line now.

Really pulls hard up the hills.

Sound is nice an low, very mellow tone.

I went with the turned down passenger side pipe and Dave installed an 02 bung for my AFR testing.

Great product very happy. Highly recommended.

Thanks Dave ! first.gif
PanelBilly
I got one sitting in storage if anybody's looking.
SKL1
And remind me the best way to contact him- I remember that being an issue before.
He either doesn't answer his phone or email...

Contact info please...
rhodyguy
Start your calls around 8am pacific time. 10am to you.
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif nice! id did the dual out with SS tips, - modified the valence and looks stock,
ive had mind 6 years and love the sound, no drone not loud on highway just right!
6freak
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 5 2017, 08:00 PM) *

And remind me the best way to contact him- I remember that being an issue before.
He either doesn't answer his phone or email...

Contact info please...

phone #s there just look back
rhodyguy
Also in the 'member vendor' forum.
arne
I looked at two other World members' cars over the weekend. Oddly, both were equipped with Triads. Impressive looking units, nice sounding too.
Steve
I have one on my 3.2, love it!!
shelby/914
Are these still actually being produced? I called him probably 8-10 months ago and ordered a muffler. At that time he said that my order made three to be shipped to Denver. None ever made it. After a few calls we were told that the business was closed and for sale.

Dan
Gary
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 6 2017, 02:37 PM) *

I have one on my 3.2, love it!!

So do I. Love the look and exhaust note, but I'm looking into baffles to tame a good bit of resonance at 2500-3500 RPM.
srreality
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Jun 6 2017, 11:02 PM) *

Are these still actually being produced? I called him probably 8-10 months ago and ordered a muffler. At that time he said that my order made three to be shipped to Denver. None ever made it. After a few calls we were told that the business was closed and for sale.

Dan

I also attempted to buy one of these about 6 months ago and talked to the owner. He said he was very ill and could not work. I have no update after that.
campbellcj
I have a -6 2-in/2-out unit in storage as well - very nice - I got it for potentially putting my car back to a quieter streetable config someday or maybe to pass sound at Laguna Seca.
ctc911ctc
This looks like a dream muffler for my car - are they still available?
double-a
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Jan 12 2021, 07:46 AM) *

This looks like a dream muffler for my car - are they still available?

dave is still making them. i drove up to olympia to have mine installed just a few weeks ago.

Click to view attachment
mb911
He still makes them and was trying to sell the business. I looked adding to my line up of offerings.
Nogoodwithusernames
--Edit-- Replied too quick, just saw the other thread about the emails after replying here.

Anyone else get a strange email from him this morning? I have a feeling his email may have gotten hacked.
Literati914
Yes, I got a strange email from him this morning.. about the flu, etc.. we don't know each other beyond a small correspondence from a couple years back - so I bet he's been hacked.

preach
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 12 2021, 11:50 AM) *

He still makes them and was trying to sell the business. I looked adding to my line up of offerings.

Ben this would be fantastic!
@mb911
Geezer914
Just got one from Dave, dual SS tips. It is a work of art.
Geezer914
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jan 12 2021, 09:11 AM) *

Yes, I got a strange email from him this morning.. about the flu, etc.. we don't know each other beyond a small correspondence from a couple years back - so I bet he's been hacked.

I got the same email about buying gift cards, Forwarded the email to Dave.
rhodyguy
Maybe he received it. confused24.gif His new device does not work. He's VERY aware, not JUST aware, of the situation. Call the number listed in member Vendors to order a exhaust.
racerbvd
I pulled this out of my warehouse today?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Shivers
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 14 2016, 01:34 PM) *

I’ve seen both and without a whole lot of work, no.
Justinp71

For anyone looking for a Triad, you can install a magnaflow muffler (2in/2out) and they sound similar. Magnaflow actually is a bit raspier. I think the Triad fits the look of the 914 a bit more though.
technicalninja
Saw the Triad West stuff for the first time in this thread.

From the first picture I thought "Wow, I know where I would put the O2 sensor bung!"

And then someone did it!

I want one of these for a 1.8 set up.

I don't want to bug Dave until I'm ready to purchase.

What should one expect to pay for one?

I know Dave is the best source for this number, I just wanted to get a "range" to compare it to other systems.

It looks like two glass packs with a hollow exhaust plenum feeding them.

Am I correct in my assumptions?

rhodyguy
Dave died. Only way to source one, that I’m aware of, is used. The ones for 1.7/1.8 style HEs are rare.
technicalninja
Thanks for the info, sad ninja ninja.gif

I sort of thought "I'm going to have to build that."

The first chamber I want to use as a PWTB (pressure wave terminator box).

For a 2L it should be 3-4 liters

For a 2.25 L it should be 4-5 liters.

The muffler past that is inconsequential except for back pressure and tone.

I'd lean Borla right now or if still available a real sonic turbo.

This is David Vizard stuff...

The exit from the PWTB is an excellent place for the WB IMO.

It's too bad so many of the big dogs have retired or passed.

I am 10 years too late getting back into 914s...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.