Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tool Kit Value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
This just sold for $225.00 on the Bay.....is this what these are currently worth? It seems pretty high.

mepstein
I think the white handles get at least $100 +. It all ads up.
green914
Wow! blink.gif
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Its probably been 2-3 yrs now but I bought a complete tool kit from Brad Meyeur for $150 shipped, I believe. It was from a 73 with 50k mi so was correct for my car and had the bag with the ties which were stilll intact. Brad was also awesome to deal with. He said it was the nicest he had come across and also stated that he does not see them complete, intact and in nice shape very often.

I also took the time to source an original spare for the car. To me its having these things along with the owners manual, the dealer service book, etc that set the car apart from the rest and truly make the car an "investment".

My .02
Andrew
Big Len
If you take the time, you can put together a kit for less than half this cost.
914werke
Nuts screwy.gif
Shadowfax
Am missing the piece pictured to the left of the wrench in my kit. What is that for and any idea where I can get one?
914Next
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Aug 14 2016, 05:39 PM) *

Am missing the piece pictured to the left of the wrench in my kit. What is that for and any idea where I can get one?

I recall it may be a hubcap removal tool?
raynekat
Welcome to the world of early 911 tool kit prices.
These are still cheap compared with them.

A decent kit for a pre 74 911 is at least $1000 and up to $2000 and above....when you can find them.

Check out this one below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Porsche-911-S...ZEk&vxp=mtr
rhodyguy
Wow.
Rsjg911
My understanding is the white-handled reversable screwdriver was standard in the 1973 model year ONLY but was also delivered in early 1974s, presumably until they ran out in the prior year's parts bin. All other model years received the black handle. I just bought a white handled reversable screwdriver for $10.00.
Cal
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 14 2016, 06:13 PM) *

Welcome to the world of early 911 tool kit prices.
These are still cheap compared with them.

A decent kit for a pre 74 911 is at least $1000 and up to $2000 and above....when you can find them.

Check out this one below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Porsche-911-S...ZEk&vxp=mtr

Yes, I agree.....but there's a big difference between these two kits.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Aug 14 2016, 02:39 PM) *

I have one! 300 bucks should cover it. av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.