Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Trunk Refresh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keely444
I finally got a spare for my car. I had scored a 15x6 fuch last year and cleaned it up and powder coated it. My car is far from stock so just about anything goes on mods. I did not want the carpet set up so I found an upholstery scrap and went for it. I also have a friend that that tricked out my gas cap . I need to do some touch up painting, buff and wax the rest of the trunk so I can check the trunk off my list.I have lots of respect for the stock carpet/spare set up on a clean 914 but again that is not what I haveClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cuda911
Gas cap looks great!
Vysoc
I love the Fuchs spare but does the spare tire tie down extend too high to allow your front board to lay flat. The factory spares are turned over the other way to allow you
to put spare clutch and accelerator cables and anything else deemed necessary in the space provided by turning the spare tire the other way?

Just a question, if you are wanting to show off the Fuchs wheel I get it and I love the gas cap!

Vysoc flag.gif
keely444
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 15 2016, 01:26 PM) *

I love the Fuchs spare but does the spare tire tie down extend to high to allow your front board to lay flat. The factory spares are turned over the other way to allow you
to put spare clutch and accelerator cables and anything else deemed necessary in the space provided by turning the spare tire the other way?

Just a question, if you are wanting to show off the Fuchs wheel I get it and I love the gas cap!

Vysoc flag.gif

I don't use the front board as it serves no purpose for me. I like the spare face up to protect the finish.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 14 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Gas cap looks great!

agree.gif Is the gas cap hand painted; curious what the sequence of steps used to achieve such a great design ( promise not to copy it.... smile.gif )
keely444
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2016, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 14 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Gas cap looks great!

agree.gif Is the gas cap hand painted; curious what the sequence of steps used to achieve such a great design ( promise not to copy it.... smile.gif )

It is hand painted and clear coat by a friend. Not sure about the steps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.