Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug front disk & caliper ID needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ssuperflyoldguy
5 lug front disk & caliper ID needed - will have to rebuild or RR disks eventually so any idea's whet these are?

Have 2 sets, this is the one on my car: Alum calipers
mb911
S calipers big money these days
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Aug 15 2016, 02:19 PM) *

5 lug front disk & caliper ID needed - will have to rebuild or RR disks eventually so any idea's whet these are?

And here's the CI setup
Vysoc
They look like early S-Calipers and the smaller ones M or A Calipers I am most likely wrong but I am hoping Eric will weigh in and give you the information that you are looking for.

Vysoc flag.gif
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Aug 15 2016, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Aug 15 2016, 02:19 PM) *

And here's the CI setup

Im thinking I may use this CastIron setup on my 1967 912 to convert to vented disks, the car may be worth more as a 912 converted to a 911 Outlaw for now. What I'm trying to glean is that are vented disks a bolt onto 912 hubs and change calipers? Bummed I got rid of a complete 912 setup a couple years ago to a friend CHEAP and he passed along to his pal etc.
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 15 2016, 02:20 PM) *

I'm guessing that the alum calipers are the S ones?
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 15 2016, 05:20 PM) *

Bigger money to rebuild.
914Sixer
Aluminum calipers are "S" and the cast ones are "A" calipers. Both used vented rotors on 3.5" spaced struts.
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 15 2016, 05:27 PM) *

Aluminum calipers are "S" and the cast ones are "A" calipers. Both used vented rotors on 3.5" spaced struts.

So any year vented disks? Just plan on 1975 911s disk & same for pads n bearings n seals? Thanks for all the help everyone
wndsnd
Looks like a later 911S Caliper to me, 1972 and later. Still neat aluminum alloy.

I have a set off a 1968 called early s calipers and it is slightly different. That being Early S

The side bulge is not as elongated and is more centered.

Here are pictures from PMB Performance

Click to view attachment

This is the Late S

And

Click to view attachment

This is the Early S.
mepstein
S caliper rebuilds usually mean new pistons. So you're looking at about double the cost of a typical caliper rebuild. Nothing wrong if your prepared for it. Stings a bit if you think it's just a Porsche caliper in aluminum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.