Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 At Canepa for Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
halmil
I attended the Monterrey Week Cars and Coffee at Canepa last Saturday. While our 73 Niner was not the only one in the parking lot, to my shock, I saw a Blue 1973 2.0 liter in the shop for restoration! Who is that in love with their car to pay for a Canepa restoration of a 914-4!!! Holy Cow!

Sorry for no pic
raynekat
QUOTE(halmil @ Aug 15 2016, 04:01 PM) *

I attended the Monterrey Week Cars and Coffee at Canepa last Saturday. While our 73 Niner was not the only one in the parking lot, to my shock, I saw a Blue 1973 2.0 liter in the shop for restoration! Who is that in love with their car to pay for a Canepa restoration of a 914-4!!! Holy Cow!

Sorry for no pic

Yeah, the bill at the end of that build will hurt a bit....
wink.gif

I will undoubtably be really nice looking when complete.
matthepcat
I was there (rotary conversion), so was Mike(white 6) & Dave (orange 2.0) and one other guy with a red 2.0. (forget his name)

I saw that as well and was shocked it was getting worked on there. It was a 2.0 with carbs and a 80's floppy antenna.
dlkawashima
I wasn't there this weekend, but if it was this one, the owner had a common name ... something like "Jim Brown"

Click to view attachment

Was the all original (or mostly all original) white one still there?

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Is this fact or speculation on the restoration?

My 914
A Canepa restoration (black on black car) was posted on this forum not too long ago. Is anyone familiar with any others?
Mueller
QUOTE(My 914 @ Aug 15 2016, 07:24 PM) *

A Canepa restoration (black on black car) was posted on this forum not too long ago. Is anyone familiar with any others?

I think people are confused by the word "restoration" dry.gif biggrin.gif

Cleaning and detailing or doing minor work is not restoring a vehicle. poke.gif
Catorse
I see nothing wrong with taking a perfectly good 15K car and putting 100K in it. That's basically what I did with my /6 conversion, LOL
Valy
Pictures from two days ago (Saturday) at Canepa
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
The white is mine, the other one was a 73 2L and not original. It had a very nice paint job though.
Sail panels were gone, 5 lugs, and the dash had a cap. Didn't dig too much into it after I saw the low quality restoration. Maybe they have further plans for it.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 16 2016, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(My 914 @ Aug 15 2016, 07:24 PM) *

I think people are confused by the word "restoration" dry.gif biggrin.gif

Cleaning and detailing or doing minor work is not restoring a vehicle. poke.gif

Hell can't be a restore that car looks great...unless the tin worn is hiding,really nice paintwork.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.