Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sh*t.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Crap, just got the work that I will be no longer needed. Ok, this is not unexpected, company is being pretty fair about it..

So...anyone need a "plant engineer" or process engineer in the mid atlantic area???

I think that it is time to move back down south...

got my head up and am still smiling..
Allan
Ouch, that bites. If you lived out here on the west coast I might be able to help, but I don't have any connections back east.
seanery
sorry to hear it herb
Gint
Sux! I know how ya feel.

My wife's a M.E. working as a Manufacturing Engineer. They told her in October that she had until the end of March to find a job. She just nabbed a gig here in north Denver. Hang in there man, the jobs are out there. In the last couple of months she was pounded with interviews.
Kerrys914
That sucks headbang.gif Shoot me your resume at

kherr@pennoni.com and I'll see what I can do smile.gif smilie_pokal.gif
nebreitling
i'm real sorry to hear about that. stay proactive about things, and you'll find another job soon enough.
crash914
Whew, I was looking for my old resume....I guess I need to start from scratch.

I will post a link here when I get it together, right now I just thought that I would play Miles and just keep surfing the 914club site.... wink.gif

no really, thanks for the support... beer.gif
fiid
that sucks dude. Sorry.
Lyressa Roberts
That sucks...I've only been layed off once and it does suck real bad. You'll get something soon... keep your chin up.
RON S.
Sorry to hear that.
If you wanna look South,

Here in Charleston,a few months ago,A certain Voight Industries was announced in the paper as coming to town.
They are an aircraft parts manufacturer and they will be making sub-sections of wing assemblies under contract to Boeing.
They bought 50-60 acres of property @ the Charleston airport,the ground breaking on the plant has already been done.
Plant is supposed to be online in 12-18 months,with an opening crew of 600 employees.

There are jobs down south,only people w/o jobs are those who don't wanna work.
Cost of living here is cheaper,so don't expect to find a New England union scale wage down here.
good Luck

Ron
Boldylocks
QUOTE (RON S. @ Apr 13 2005, 09:25 AM)

There are jobs down south,only people w/o jobs are those who don't wanna work.
Cost of living here is cheaper,so don't expect to find a New England union scale wage down here.
good Luck

Ron

Good statement, and yeah, keep the head up. Two years ago the patent industry fell through the floor here in San Diego.. At least two very large law firms closed and I found myself laid off...
then I found myself remembering that I hate prosecuting biotech patent applications..
Then I won two awards for a short film I threw together that was actually not really good, but who am I to judge the judges..
THEN, I decided to just do anything so that I could write and work on my own films...

Things work out, but at the same time, everyone here is right, keep the head up and do anything till you find what you need. I even delivered pizzas for Dominoes working right next to a aeronautics engineer who had just been laid off...
aktion035.gif
tat2dphreak
that sux man, sorry to hear it!
Flat VW
Good Luck Herb,

"This too shall pass"

John
Dead Air
http://www.lockport-ny.com/Harrison.htm

Maybe some listings here? Several of my car guy friends work there as engineers and some customers, too.
crash914
Hey, thanks for all the kind words...I had a feeling that this was comming...company sold out 2 years ago, we got a new VP of manufacturing in August, bad review in December..etc....

Now comes the mid-life crisis...WHAT DO I WANT TO DO?????

The only bad thing is that I think that I should pass on the upcomming track days...and I really wanted that new Tangerine exhaust too.....
rhodyguy
was this a shuffle with a new crew coming from elsewhere? if so, when the "new crew" comes and has screwed the pup in 6 months, you will prob be recalled. your attitude sounds great!! more time for the 914.

k
STL914
Herb, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I've gone through the same experience twice before, both times out of the blue and each time I found better paying positions, but they were contract.

First job actually prompted me and the family to move from Wisconsin to St. Louis. Last time I found myself working a 16 month contract job in CT. I actually spent 6 years contracting, the money was more than twice I made as a direct employee, I was traveling, including a two week stint in Puerto Rico, and I didn't get caught up in the typical office political crap. Life was good. Then I went direct two years ago when offered a job close to home. After a while it was the same old BS so I'm once again I'm looking into contracting.

It's not for everyone, but you may want to look into that if things don't happen soon enough for you. If I can help in any way, let me know.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.