Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tank Think Thanks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I am getting ready to hot tank a few things in my 914-6 build and the 3.0 SC is torn down to the bits and pieces...

Unnamed sources say..... (that is the current way to quote anyone or absolutely no one) .. anyway, they, whoever they are,.. say to hot tank the engine case halves, the cam housings, and the timing chain boxes. Not the turbo valve covers etc...

If anyone has experience in this area of 911 engine cleaning and rebuilding, please opine as to the part and pieces that are safe to hot tank and those that are particularly not..

Much appreciation is forwarded / the cams are at Webcam for a newgrind to address triple Weber carbs on PMO intakes.

Money is now bleeding profusely from a man (Me) on a fixed income with limited resources and an ever reduced mental capacity.

Ron, may he observe the mayhem from above, has energized my efforts to get this unbelievably complicated build done /

This perspective says git er done.. ,

so back to the hot tank / before we are in one... any info is welcome

beerchug.gif

forrestkhaag
icon_bump.gif
colingreene
I told you i am web cam dealer and would have helped you.
veekry9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRiZOTTel34

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ultrasonic+c...WQ1C_MQ_AUIBigB
A combination of the two techniques will give dazzling results.
So,a matter of scale,the case halves submerged in a metal drum.Presto!
biggrin.gif
btw,never attempt to clean,or 'scrape' ring grooves 'mechanically'.
/

porschetub
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 16 2016, 12:16 PM) *

I am getting ready to hot tank a few things in my 914-6 build and the 3.0 SC is torn down to the bits and pieces...

Unnamed sources say..... (that is the current way to quote anyone or absolutely no one) .. anyway, they, whoever they are,.. say to hot tank the engine case halves, the cam housings, and the timing chain boxes. Not the turbo valve covers etc...

If anyone has experience in this area of 911 engine cleaning and rebuilding, please opine as to the part and pieces that are safe to hot tank and those that are particularly not..

Much appreciation is forwarded / the cams are at Webcam for a newgrind to address triple Weber carbs on PMO intakes.

Money is now bleeding profusely from a man (Me) on a fixed income with limited resources and an ever reduced mental capacity.

Ron, may he observe the mayhem from above, has energized my efforts to get this unbelievably complicated build done /

This perspective says git er done.. ,

so back to the hot tank / before we are in one... any info is welcome

beerchug.gif

Don't hot tank for too long otherwise things go wrong,my guy did my carb bodies for a very short time and they came out great.
He is very cautious of alloys in these tanks some can go wrong your guy should know besides.
jcd914
We always used a cabinet style pressure washer.
Big cabinet with a rotating rack and basket with a high pressure spray bar that blasts everything as the rack/basket turns. It uses a heats water based cleaner that was not corrosive and you just rinsed that part off in the sink afterward. I put everything in it for cleaning, engine parts, sheet metal complete transmission (plug the vents), even complete wire harnesses.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.