Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lunch in Flagstaff 4/20 on the way to WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
The East Coast Caravan to WCC is planning on stopping here in Flagstaff for lunch on 4/20. There was an indication that some of the Phoenix folks were coming up to join the caravan, but there also seems to be a group that is going straight west from Phoenix without coming up to join the caravan.

So I need to know a real number on how many people are going to come to Flagstaff and I need an indication of what kind of lunch arrangements you want before I go talking to local restaurants. My concern is that the arrival time can't be precisely predicted and restaurants won't like "around noon" if I'm asking for room for 20 people. I'm also thinking that the group needs to keep moving to make it to Las Vegas before you can't keep your eyes open any more.

Here are the lunch alternatives that I've come up with. I don't know yet how realistic some of them are for the group because I don't know the size, but at least you can give me some idea what the group has in mind:

1. Mandarin Super Buffet - very large chinese buffet with other stuff thrown in like pizza, and a very good "build your own" stir-fry bar. They have lots of room and as a buffet they can easily accomodate us whenever we show up.

2. Beaver Street Brewery - great locally brewed beers, wood-fire oven pizzas, good sandwiches. Very busy place at lunch time.

3. Chilis - a chain (not sure just where else they are besides AZ & CA) that has stuff with a "southwestern" flair, but not really Mexican foods in the traditional sense - burgers, fajitas, etc.

4. Local Mexican food place - there's a new place that I haven't tried yet, but it seems quite popular.

5. Cracker Barrel - "southern" food (so they say). They get you in and out pretty fast and can usually move things around to handle large groups.

All of these places are fairly easy to get to from I-40/I-17 interchange, although Beaver Street Brewery is a little tricky and parking there could be a challenge.

Please respond here with a note to say you are coming, and your preference/thoughts on lunch location options.
Series9
I vote for the brewery. I have 8 in my group. I have no idea what happened with the PHX guys.
ThinAir
I put something into Phoenix caravan topic to try to make sure whether any of the Phoenix group was coming up. We'll see.

How firm do you think noon is for time for lunch? I usually figure 5 hours from Albuquerque to Flagstaff, and the same from Flagstaff to Las Vegas.
ThinAir
Ok, we're on for lunch in Flagstaff at Beaver Street Brewery at noon on Wednesday. They don't take reservations, but they are aware we are coming and will be as accomodating as possible. I'll be there ahead of time and they say they'll seat me without the rest of the gang being there.

Here's a map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=11+...ew=1&name=&qty=

Directions from I-40:
Take Exit 198. You'll actually be merging with the northern terminus of I-17. The freeway ends at the first traffic light.

Keep going straight until you pass under the railroad underpass (about 2 miles). The road immediately turns right. The 2nd traffic light is Beaver (it's also the first light where you can turn right). Turn right onto Beaver.

There is parking on Beaver just over the railroad tracks, as well as at the Brewery, which is one more block down the road. Beaver is one-way.

Even though this makes you cross back over the tracks, it is easier than trying to tell you how to catch the last street before the underpass. Don't let the curves on the map fool you, the road from I-17/I-40 to the railroad underpass drives as though it is straight. You'll also see signs for Northern Arizona University, not Arizona State College (it hasn't been that since 1964! Yahoo maps may be new, but the maps aren't).

Call me when you leave Winslow. I'll pm my cell to 914RS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.