Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Crossbar Bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TX914
Well then, were the engine crossbar bolts installed (from the factory) with the bolt head on the bottom of the bar or on the top? I never liked looking at those threads when the bolt head is on top, but is engine removal easier with bolt head on top?
TheCabinetmaker
Install bolts from the bottom. Keeps the ends of the bolt from being damaged by speed bumps and such. That's the way they are drawn in the PET.
TX914
Agree with that. Thanks!
injunmort
on tail shift cars, the bolts are allen head to fit into the recess in the engine bar. installed from the bottom with nut on top. i got the size from PET and used replacements from fasternal. if i remember correctly, Pet shows two different bolts depending on trans type.
mepstein
QUOTE(injunmort @ Aug 16 2016, 05:14 PM) *

on tail shift cars, the bolts are allen head to fit into the recess in the engine bar. installed from the bottom with nut on top. i got the size from PET and used replacements from fasternal. if i remember correctly, Pet shows two different bolts depending on trans type.

Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.