Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Police car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
How many of these were produced and in what country were they in service?
Rand
Super Dave?
theleschyouknow
that looks similar to the Dutch police 914 not sure what years they were in service
Ive also seen pics of green & white German police cars

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...43115&st=20

beerchug.gif
cjl
Gunn1
POLIZEI

Click to view attachment

Catorse
I frggin hate the fake patina look.
Valy
Netherlands.
Frankvw
Yes, we had 914 policecars here in teh Netherlands, so that would be ours !

PS
and that 'fake patina look' on the 356 coupe...(that is also a dutch car) is a polyester body kit sprayed to look that way, done very well to be honest. Drew a lot of crowd the last years on meetings.
arkitect
QUOTE(Gunn1 @ Aug 16 2016, 05:43 PM) *

The 'woody' sided/black vw bug in the background looks pretty cool.

Dave
bretth
Is that how the police dressed back then? I think he wants his stapler back. Would be real hard to 'restore order' looking like that. biggrin.gif

Brett
gereed75
Maybe he is using the Wavy Gravy philosophy - nobody ever beats up a clown!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 16 2016, 04:41 PM) *
How many of these were produced and in what country were they in service?

They were used in several European countries, including Germany.

There are some old threads here with pictures ...
smile.gif
bandjoey
East Germany used the Red..I"ve seen old pictures but can't come up with them now. Pelican shows almost the same paint on 911 from the Netherlands.
Tburt52359
Authentic 914 Police car taken in Europe in 70,s. Probably Germany. Thought you would like these beer.gif
theleschyouknow
interesting appears to have the big bumpers I was under the impression those were 75-76 US only

beerchug.gif
cjl
ben*james
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Aug 17 2016, 08:03 PM) *

interesting appears to have the big bumpers I was under the impression those were 75-76 US only

beerchug.gif
cjl

Ok - so that's an interesting question. Did euro go big bumper when little old California demanded it?

SixerJ
QUOTE(ben*james @ Aug 18 2016, 04:29 AM) *

QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Aug 17 2016, 08:03 PM) *

beerchug.gif
cjl

Ok - so that's an interesting question. Did euro go big bumper when little old California demanded it?

Experts I'm sure will chip in, but yes I would have thought so. Lots of modifications to the shell happened to facilitate the big bumpers. Extra tabs to hold the end of the bumper as it wraps around, holes for the shock thingies etc

Plus by then Porsche would have been planning the 914 demise / weren't selling loads in Europe anyway, ¾ ? went to the US. Why produce something special for Europe

911 went big bumper in 74, we just didn't get the Dolly Parton tits, same logic with the 914 I guess
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.