Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Door Guard - Replace Rollers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwinner
I have taken my doors apart to clean and lube the lock and opening mechanisms. I purchased the new rollers to replace in the door guards (rollers guide the metal strap so the door doesn't open too far). Has anybody ever replaced these? There are two springs there and I am not sure if they need to be removed in order to remove the pins that the rollers sit on. Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Larmo63
I bought the kits from Mark at 914 rubber and did both of my doors.

After taking these out of the doors, (two 10mm bolts in the door and the pin in the car end,) I take a few quick pictures of the whole mechanism with my phone/camera just to remind me of how it is supposed to look after it goes back together. The springs will come off with a bit of muscle and leverage. Clean everything, and use a small amount of light oil inside the rollers.

Not a hard job and positive results.

Now that nice "click-click" is back.
Darren C
Hi,

See Day 111 & Day 112 of my build for the help & information you require.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...47250&st=40

Larmo is correct and its a good idea to take a quick picture of how it goes together before you take it apart.

I used a waterproof grease and removed all wear-burrs on the parts and spent time cleaning them all up to ensure they all ran smoothly.

Good luck
wes
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 17 2016, 07:39 AM) *

I bought the kits from Mark at 914 rubber and did both of my doors.

After taking these out of the doors, (two 10mm bolts in the door and the pin in the car end,) I take a few quick pictures of the whole mechanism with my phone/camera just to remind me of how it is supposed to look after it goes back together. The springs will come off with a bit of muscle and leverage. Clean everything, and use a small amount of light oil inside the rollers.

Not a hard job and positive results.

Now that nice "click-click" is back.

agree.gif I also used Mark's 914 rubber kit and agree with the method with great results. One of those fairly simple jobs that makes a big smile come to you afterwards.
Mikey914
A vice on a bench also helps t remove and install the springs onto the assembly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.