Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a part, if you're coming to the Sunday Modesto meet up..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
My dog ate my homework! I was removing and replacing my rockers, and one of my three hounds made off with one of the plastic jack hole covers I had left laying about. I found the remains of the cover chewed into tiny pieces. If you are coming to the Modesto 914 Meet Up this Sunday, the 21st, at McHenry Village, 8 to 11 am, and you have an extra jack hole cover by chance, could you bring it? Also, could you let me know that you're bringing one for me please? Thanks much.
Which dog looks the most guilty? Max is a Bernese Mountain Dog, Riley is an English Retriever, and Bodie is a rescue Newfoundland. Make your guess now, and I'll tell you who the guilty hound was tomorrow. rolleyes.gif
Click to view attachment
r_towle
Riley is guilty!

Sierra Madre has what you need
jtprettyman
If you don't get anyone, PM me your address. I think I have one I can drop in the mail to you if it helps. By the way, its the retriever - believe me, its always the retriever.....
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(jtprettyman @ Aug 17 2016, 07:42 PM) *

If you don't get anyone, PM me your address. I think I have one I can drop in the mail to you if it helps. By the way, its the retriever - believe me, its always the retriever.....

Thank you for the kind offer of the part, will be in touch if no local luck. Think it's Riley eh? Will name the guilty culprit tomorrow........
Anyone else want to take a guess on "Who Done It" rolleyes.gif ?????
ConeDodger
Sierra Madre gets them from 914rubber I'd bet...
SixerJ
I would normally go with the English retriver (Golden Retriever?) but I think it's a trick question....

In this instance Max. looks over pleased with himself that he beat Riely to it (for once) while giving out please don't tell me off vibe. Bodie is just wondering why he been called there in the 1st place and has an alibi cause he was sleeping at the time
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Aug 17 2016, 11:26 PM) *

I would normally go with the English retriver (Golden Retriever?) but I think it's a trick question....

In this instance Max. looks over pleased with himself that he beat Riely to it (for once) while giving out please don't tell me off vibe. Bodie is just wondering why he been called there in the 1st place and has an alibi cause he was sleeping at the time

Well thought out observations Sixer, you certainly have Bodie the Newf nailed for sure. An English Retriever is essentially a white golden retriever due to English genes for the white coat.
I will reveal the guilty hound Thur pm. Anyone else want to guess who done it?
falcor75
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Aug 18 2016, 08:26 AM) *

I fully agree, Max is the culprit. (this time)
billh1963
Bodie looks disinterested and is just happy to be there.

My money is between Max and Riley.

Riley is exhibiting the classic "avoid eye contact" while Max has the triumphant, "I know something" look.

Then again, Max may be smirking because he knows he has gotten away with something and Riley is disgusted by the whole situation.

If I had to pick, Riley did it!
Andyrew
Ill check Friday, I thought I remember seeing one in my pile.
Andyrew
Side note, If anyone has an extra license plate light let me know!
Tom_T
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 17 2016, 04:34 PM) *

Max is a Bernese Mountain Dog, Riley is an English Retriever, and Bodie is a rescue Newfoundland. Make your guess now, and I'll tell you who the guilty hound was tomorrow. rolleyes.gif

Max: "Where's my treat!? chowtime.gif " ...... Riley: "I really have no idea what you're talking about Curtis. unsure.gif ..... Honest! happy11.gif " ...... Bodie: "Huh? huh.gif "

Click to view attachment

See my added caption in red bold & smilies above!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 18 2016, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 17 2016, 04:34 PM) *

Max is a Bernese Mountain Dog, Riley is an English Retriever, and Bodie is a rescue Newfoundland. Make your guess now, and I'll tell you who the guilty hound was tomorrow. rolleyes.gif

Max: "Where's my treat!? chowtime.gif " ...... Riley: "I really have no idea what you're talking about Curtis. unsure.gif ..... Honest! happy11.gif " ...... Bodie: "Huh? huh.gif "

Click to view attachment

See my added caption in red bold & smilies above!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom, you must be a "dog whisperer" cause you've got them exactly right!
Tom_T
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 18 2016, 02:29 PM) *

No Curtis, just a ton of background with dogs over my almost 64 years! biggrin.gif

My grandmother was a professional breeder & show handler since the 1940's (mostly with Terriers & Bedlington Terriers were her specialty), I started helping her at 6, worked at a couple of dog grooming shops/handlers in the San Diego & LA areas from 12 years old thru HS & college at USC (it paid far better than another teen 7 student jobs back then, due to the skills my grandmother taught me), & we've always had dogs at home, except in recent the past recent years. I haven't done that since `74, except for with our own pets.

You just get to know them & their ways with that much intensive exposure.

FYI - that 80's comedy movie about the couple taking their dog to the shows nailed the various "show people" on the nosey! My sibs & I get a kick out of watching it occasionally when we get together, cuz it reminds us of both family members & the others in our past lives!

I tried to add in some humorous "faces" to match theirs! biggrin.gif

BTW - I'd love to go to the Reno Air Races sometime (never been), as we grew up going to every Miramar, El Toro & other Airshows since 1963, & continuing that with both our daughter & son, & myself since (grandkids next).

However, my September is jammed & my wife's 50th HS reunion is the same weekend (La Quinta HS `66, Garden Grove) - & that weekend is when my San Diego HS era buddies & I go to the Coronado Speedfest held on NAS North Island - both cars & planes! piratenanner.gif

Hopefully one year the stars will align to enable me to go to Reno AS & I'll give you a shout! I can bring either our 88 Westy camper van or our vintage 1960 Avion T20 trailer (once we have our own TV & not renteng them).

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 18 2016, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 18 2016, 02:29 PM) *

No Curtis, just a ton of background with dogs over my almost 64 years! biggrin.gif

My grandmother was a professional breeder & show handler since the 1940's (mostly with Terriers & Bedlington Terriers were her specialty), I started helping her at 6, worked at a couple of dog grooming shops/handlers in the San Diego & LA areas from 12 years old thru HS & college at USC (it paid far better than another teen 7 student jobs back then, due to the skills my grandmother taught me), & we've always had dogs at home, except in recent the past recent years. I haven't done that since `74, except for with our own pets.

You just get to know them & their ways with that much intensive exposure.

FYI - that 80's comedy movie about the couple taking their dog to the shows nailed the various "show people" on the nosey! My sibs & I get a kick out of watching it occasionally when we get together, cuz it reminds us of both family members & the others in our past lives!

I tried to add in some humorous "faces" to match theirs! biggrin.gif

BTW - I'd love to go to the Reno Air Races sometime (never been), as we grew up going to every Miramar, El Toro & other Airshows since 1963, & continuing that with both our daughter & son, & myself since (grandkids next).

However, my September is jammed & my wife's 50th HS reunion is the same weekend (La Quinta HS `66, Garden Grove) - & that weekend is when my San Diego HS era buddies & I go to the Coronado Speedfest held on NAS North Island - both cars & planes! piratenanner.gif

Hopefully one year the stars will align to enable me to go to Reno AS & I'll give you a shout! I can bring either our 88 Westy camper van or our vintage 1960 Avion T20 trailer (once we have our own TV & not renteng them).

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

You got it Tom! There is no other venue in the world where they race the unlimited planes head to head like this, quite the spectacle! BTW, my child bride and I were Sunny Hills High grads.
arkitect
My wife says it's Max, my vote is for Bodie.

It's easy to pick the guilty one with my dogs, we have a mixed border collie pup almost a year old who is always chewing up anything especially material made items and plastic but loves you to death at the end of the day. biggrin.gif

Dave
oakdalecurtis
Ok, its time to reveal the real culprit hound who ATE MY JACK HOLE COVER!
It was......
Click to view attachment RILEY, the white English Retriever!!!!!

Doesn't she look guilty in the photo??? She likes to chew on anything with my scent on it. My needle nose pliers just lost their handle covers.
For those of you who picked her, CONGRATULATIONS, you win the "914World Dog Whisperer Award!" That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. smilie_pokal.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 18 2016, 05:11 PM) *

Doesn't she look guilty in the photo??? She likes to chew on anything with my scent on it.

Geez Curtis - you'd better guard your family jewels then! laugh.gif

I'll toast a cupper to Riley tomorrow morning! coffee.gif
Tom
///////

PS - Time to get them all some rawhide chews!!!!
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 18 2016, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 18 2016, 05:11 PM) *

Doesn't she look guilty in the photo??? She likes to chew on anything with my scent on it.

Geez Curtis - you'd better guard your family jewels then! laugh.gif

I'll toast a cupper to Riley tomorrow morning! coffee.gif
Tom
///////

PS - Time to get them all some rawhide chews!!!!

Riley's a fixed 4 yo female and she STILL humps Max!. We do give them rawhide chews, they just chew em all up and move on to the next item.
jtprettyman
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 18 2016, 07:11 PM) *

It was......

Doesn't she look guilty in the photo??? She likes to chew on anything with my scent on it. My needle nose pliers just lost their handle covers.
For those of you who picked her, CONGRATULATIONS, you win the "914World Dog Whisperer Award!" That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. smilie_pokal.gif

Like I said, it's always the retriever! That's years of experience talking. Had one that ate half a birthday cake, a roll of Skoal (not mine), a bottle of antibiotics, and a six pack of beer, all over the course on one weekend.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(jtprettyman @ Aug 18 2016, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 18 2016, 07:11 PM) *

It was......

Like I said, it's always the retriever! That's years of experience talking. Had one that ate half a birthday cake, a roll of Skoal (not mine), a bottle of antibiotics, and a six pack of beer, all over the course on one weekend.

Sounded like a seven course meal to the dog! chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.