Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impulse buy. I needed a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2mAn
I waited too damn long to get a 914 and today I finally went and purchased one. I hated the wheels on it though so I went to the Hot Wheels shop across the street from my work and as soon as I got home, I had to install the wheels I'm in love.

Enjoy!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

On jack stands, in typical 914 fashion...

Click to view attachment

and I've reached my limit, next post Will have the mounted pics

2mAn
BOOM!!

all mounted up...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
colingreene
IPB Image
Mueller
For some reason that car reminds me if the movie Tron.

carr914
Don't worry, I'm right there!

plymouth's car

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
2mAn
@colin I see you are becoming a big fan of mine... I look forward to annoying you in person.

QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 17 2016, 07:30 PM) *

For some reason that car reminds me if the movie Tron.

With the striping, not at all a surprise

QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 17 2016, 07:36 PM) *

Don't worry, I'm right there!

thats a great collection. what are you doing with the plymouth car?

I also have a E30 M3 that my buddy gave me. I had some leftover phoenixrot from my 77 rabbit so it got a paint bath. Didnt come out great but if I could find some mini jagermeister decals, it would be amazing.
colingreene
Simon, you already met me and missed your chance.
Scott S
I collected a bunch of the matchbox cars when they came out back in the day and really want to modify some of them. I cant figure out how you guys get the wheels off - I feel like I am going to break them. Can you explain?

Thanks!
smj
I know, "weak." It's late, I couldn't restrain myself...

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(Scott S @ Aug 18 2016, 11:26 AM) *

I collected a bunch of the matchbox cars when they came out back in the day and really want to modify some of them. I cant figure out how you guys get the wheels off - I feel like I am going to break them. Can you explain?

Thanks!

You drill the 2 rivets out on the bottom, then the cars come apart in three pieces (Body, Floor Pan & Interior). Then you can take the axles off with the wheels and swap another axle in. Then put the 3 pieces back together and superglue the rivets

Click to view attachment
Olympic 914
Click to view attachment
23e Heure
IPB Image
2mAn
QUOTE(smj @ Aug 19 2016, 03:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

smilie_pokal.gif av-943.gif

Love it, thats why I made sure to take that pic

QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 19 2016, 04:56 AM) *

Thanks!

You drill the 2 rivets out on the bottom, then the cars come apart in three pieces (Body, Floor Pan & Interior). Then you can take the axles off with the wheels and swap another axle in. Then put the 3 pieces back together and superglue the rivets

Click to view attachment

I dont mess with the rivets. Ive had mixed results when putting them back together.

I cut the axles off behind the wheel of the wheels I want to remove, I actually bought another model to use the wheels off of and junked it... poor camaro (parts car sawzall-smiley.gif ) ... but I basically was left with the new wheels and axles intact seen in the pics. Then I cut the nub at the end of the new wheels off. I can remove one wheel, slide the other wheel and axle on, a dab of super glue on the end of the axle and install the wheel on it. Both wheels spin freely and I didnt have to drill out any rivets
Cuda911
I have lots of 914s.

carr914
QUOTE(2mAn @ Aug 19 2016, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(smj @ Aug 19 2016, 03:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

smilie_pokal.gif av-943.gif

Love it, thats why I made sure to take that pic

QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 19 2016, 04:56 AM) *

Thanks!

Click to view attachment

I dont mess with the rivets. Ive had mixed results when putting them back together.

I cut the axles off behind the wheel of the wheels I want to remove, I actually bought another model to use the wheels off of and junked it... poor camaro (parts car sawzall-smiley.gif ) ... but I basically was left with the new wheels and axles intact seen in the pics. Then I cut the nub at the end of the new wheels off. I can remove one wheel, slide the other wheel and axle on, a dab of super glue on the end of the axle and install the wheel on it. Both wheels spin freely and I didnt have to drill out any rivets

But drilling the Rivets allows you to take the car apart so you can add flares, spoilers, remove windscreen and repaint. Then do whatever wheels you want
carr914
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.