Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71? 2.0T 6cyl pistons/rings and cylinders.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dansvan
Pistons/rings are in great shape. Cylinders need bored due to minor corrosion damage. Pistons for sale for 250$ plus shipping, can send the cylinders as well for 50$more plus shipping.
Niklas
I take them if you can send them to Sweden.
Niklas
I take both cylinders and pistons.
dansvan
Send me an address to where you want them to go and I'll look up shipping costs.
dansvan
Sold
Niklas
Do you want the cylinders back ???

This is not what i payed for.

I want the money back.

Niklas
SixerJ
Ouch, please tell me they weren't shipped loose in the box. If they were how dumb is that considering your average multi drop delivery driver

Hopefully the seller will resolve and make amends. Good luck
dansvan
Good grief. What's a guy supposed to do? That sucks. Those were shipped individually wrapped in bubble wrap, then isolated with dense foam, then cardboard, then newspaper, all in their own individual sections. With extra padding top and bottom. They were insured, you can file a claim, you have the paperwork.
toolguy
If shipped USPS, insurance claim has to be filed by the sender. They are the ones that purchased the insurance, but the general drill will be 'they weren't packed well enough so insurance is invalid'. .
Niklas
If you send me 250 USD it is ok with me.

They were not packed so good.

Niklas
dansvan
Um, no. They were packed fine. And the ad clearly states the cylinders were 50$. Send them back, same way they were sent, and I'll happily refund your 50$. This never should have been brought to a public forum, no attempt at pm'd
Was made by you, you will not strong arm me into paying for something that is not my fault. Good day to you sir.
SixerJ
Well, that puts a different spin on it. If properly packed then I'm afraid then I'm reluctantly with the seller, are there any pictures to prove they were not packed as stated?

Experience has taught me to photo everything I ship and deliveries when they arrive. Sad, yes, but sometimes essential. File a claim for the damage and see where it goes.

Plus advert clearly states pistons are one price and cylinders are 50.....so it's hard to claim 250 is due

Both of you are loosing at this point, a new seller potentially reputation wise for just walking away and monetary on the buyers part

mepstein
QUOTE(toolguy @ Sep 6 2016, 12:35 AM) *

If shipped USPS, insurance claim has to be filed by the sender. They are the ones that purchased the insurance, but the general drill will be 'they weren't packed well enough so insurance is invalid'. .

And fedex the claim gets filed by the receiver of the goods since they are the new owner.
Niklas
If they were packed perfect they would not be broken ok ??
Ok send me 50 USD with paypal.

Next time you send parts to someone else please pack them better.
The package was not broken but the cylinders inside were broken....
So maybe not USPS fault.

Is it my fault that the cylinder were broken ??
I just opened the package.

blink.gif

Niklas
bdstone914
QUOTE(Niklas @ Sep 6 2016, 05:01 AM) *

If they were packed perfect they would not be broken ok ??
Ok send me 50 USD with paypal.

Next time you send parts to someone else please pack them better.
The package was not broken but the cylinders inside were broken....
So maybe not USPS fault.

Is it my fault that the cylinder were broken ??
I just opened the package.

blink.gif

Niklas

I sent a set of cylinders I thought I packed well. Four of them in a wheel box with several layers of cardboard in between each one. All four had several broken fins when they arrived at the destination. Now I bore each of them into a thick piece of styrafoam top and bottom so noting can move. You may have thought you packed them well enough but the shipper proved otherwise.

Bruce
Niklas
I am still waiting for my 50 USD.
Please send them to my Paypal account.
Niklas
Got 80 USD back!

Thanks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.