Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: roll bar trim and window fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
It's been a while since i stripped my car, it also came partly stripped. I'm painting the car now and have found 3 holes in a triangular pattern on each side underneath the roll bar. Can someone advise me what they're for?

Final question. The rear glass was stuck in with a bucket load of clear silicone sealer. What is the correct or acceptable alternative way of fitting this glass?
ConeDodger
Not exactly sure of what you're talking about, but if you're talking about underneath the top part, it could be for the rear latches for the targa top?

The rear glass goes in wig butyl tape I think. The windshield does for sure.
JFG
The tri hole pattern is under the roll bar at the rear of the glass as opposed to being inside where the latches fit.
bandjoey
ski and bicycle rack bolt holes?
Tom_T
The 3 holes on each side toward the trailing edge of the roll-bar top are actually with threaded nuts welded to the roll bar ro attach ski & bike racks & accsy racks. There will also be 2 slots L & R at the top of the windshield frame behind where the seal fits, which is to install an "L" bracket for the forward rack part(s) & the targa top secures them in place (in addition to set-screws on the bracket[s]).

You can see various types of racks on the Accessories page of Jeff Bowlsby's website:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/

Rob's comment on the butyl tape is correct, but change "wig" to "with"! biggrin.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 18 2016, 01:48 PM) *

ski and bicycle rack bolt holes?
IPB Image

LOL - Those look like pix of my ski racks Bill! blink.gif

Jeff has more pix of them, & my Piper bike rack, & others on his site noted above.

You can tell that I actually did use them for the decade my 73 was my DD! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.