Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How good are the 914rubber bumper tops?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
B2524
Thinking about buying rubber tops from 914rubber and wanted to know if people were happy with them.

sb914
There great,fit perfect and look better than new!
Steve
I had problems with mine. Maybe first gen? The rear is wavy and the front sticks out on the sides. Mine is a back dated 75. I might need to put some washers behind the front bumper. Maybe that's why it sticks out on the side in the front. There is another local teener at cars and coffee that also has a wavy rear bumper top from 914rubber.
The wavy part is across the top and is not flush compared to stock. Maybe one of the early ones??
mramber
Put them out in the sun for an hour before you install. I love mine!
Riks1972914
QUOTE(B2524 @ Aug 19 2016, 12:13 AM) *

Thinking about buying rubber tops from 914rubber and wanted to know if people were happy with them.

Bought front and rears from 914Rubber this spring and they are excellent, really very good and I think good value.
toolguy
I'm a Concour wennie and have Marks bumper tops on my Six. . . . they are better than original, have stainless inserts so they will never rust and the surface texture is identical to OE. .Hands down the best option out there.
Trippin
I bought one from 914rubber several months ago and its a great fit and looks a lot better than the original I had. Hopeful soon I'll find a front valance and put the bumper on the car and get rid of that 916 front
colingreene
Mine does not fit well on the ends in the rear, and i had to pull it onto the bumper with some serious force.
Mark says I need to cut something on the bottom of it but im extremely apprehensive about taking cutting tools to a 300 dollar part.
My car sits outside and it seems as if the rubber is not holding up super well.
Ill have to treat it with something.
B2524
Thanks guys.
branston
MIne didn't fit, front stuck out awkwardly and the rear couldn't be fitted as the studs were about an inch out. the moldings are crudely finished where the flash is cut off. 914rubber reimbursed me without question and I bought the Auto Atlanta rubber tops, they are much better quality and fit like original.
mzapisek
I have both and the fit and quality were excellent. Couldn't be happier.
Mikey914
We now cut the web on all rears before we ship. About 35% of the rears encountered some level of interference here. We have seen that the right front mount on the front could be shimmed up about a washer if you really want to get CW. It was a matter of the metal placement in the mold. We will correct this next gen, but we still have many pulls left on these molds, and the defects are pretty minor. You can make the worse by over tightening, but with a little fineness and attention to detail you can get a nice bumper install.
And we do stand behind our product. Please send back if you are not happy, just don't leave it on your car for 2 years before you do biggrin.gif .
Catorse
Outstanding product, couldn't be happier. I have them front and rear.
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 21 2016, 12:50 PM) *

We now cut the web on all rears before we ship. About 35% of the rears encountered some level of interference here. We have seen that the right front mount on the front could be shimmed up about a washer if you really want to get CW. It was a matter of the metal placement in the mold. We will correct this next gen, but we still have many pulls left on these molds, and the defects are pretty minor. You can make the worse by over tightening, but with a little fineness and attention to detail you can get a nice bumper install.
And we do stand behind our product. Please send back if you are not happy, just don't leave it on your car for 2 years before you do biggrin.gif .

Mark please send the instructions on where to cut the rears. Does it help with the waviness across the top? Curious what problem you solved with the cutting.
Mikey914
Shouldn't be any wavieness on top. The waves are a product of carbon steel rusting internally. Ours are 100% stainless. PM me an email I can send instructions on the cut. Also would like to see any pics on the "wavieness"
The cutting we do only will allow for a little more clearance on the edges so you don't have the edges "flair" where there is any contact with the bumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.