Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
I know the general diffs between late and early, but I was unaware that there is also a Mid. varient. Early 73 had no beams and late regulators...
My question is are the Frames differnt on early & late doors?
In other words can you take a early door that used the early regulators and can then bolt in the late regulators?
markb
Simple answer....no. wink.gif

It can be done, but it would take a LOT of work. Not worth it, IMHO.
sj914
Anythings possible, but I tried doing that on my '72 way back in the early '90's and it was more trouble than it was worth. Fit was kind of crappy.
And to use the late reg. you also have to change the chrome guide that holds the triangle piece of glass. That guide is also differnet. The early doors had a channel with little rollers to help guide the window up and down and the late cars with the beefier reg has it just sliding in without the rollers.
914werke

Kinda figured. So anyone ever reskinned a door? The pass door on the Creamsicle is wasted and I need to fix it or replace it.
SirAndy
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Apr 13 2005, 03:22 PM)
Kinda figured. So anyone ever reskinned a door? The pass door on the Creamsicle is wasted and I need to fix it or replace it.

late doors are plentyful ...

just get a white replacement door. EASY probably has 100+ doors and so does HPH ...
wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.