Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Siponing Gas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
So I was going through some old pictures and found this one. Looks like it is from a Moab RRC event. Picture is dated 9/27/05.

Anyone know whos New Mexico car this is and why there is a siphon hose from my 914 to that car? blink.gif

laugh.gif

toast.gifClick to view attachment
Tom_T
I have no info on the history of that pic Toast, but it sure looks like they didn't know where to find the gas filler on a 914! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Madswede
lol-2.gif I'm 95% sure that is (was) Joe O'Brien's VW. I wasn't part of the 914 scene yet so I wasn't there, but I'm something like 99% sure that late night shenanigans were a major contributing cause of that situation huh.gif In other words, the reasons for that are probably long lost to the mists of time and sick minds confused24.gif

Edit: just saw Joe, there he is in the upper right corner bending over halfway. So who knows what the hell was going on. My $ is still on a joke of some sort. Why was you car half jacked up?
Toast
QUOTE(Madswede @ Aug 20 2016, 02:18 PM) *

. Why was you car half jacked up?

laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Seriously Jon? For what reason could my 914 possibly NOT be jacked up??

biggrin.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 20 2016, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Aug 20 2016, 02:18 PM) *

. Why was you car half jacked up?

laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Seriously Jon? For what reason could my 914 possibly NOT be jacked up??

biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif Good point! It was probably that time you ran out of tail light fluid (edited - I was wrong before, rear quarter panel fluid should not be a problem since it's a sealed piece of equipment and I just noticed the siphon is attached to the fill point for the tail light fluid). Gasoline can be used in a pinch, but it must come from a Porsche or a VW. Lots of people don't know you can do use a VW for that. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.