Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking to install 993 side mirrors. need advise. pic will help.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahycaramba
I am wanting to know if anyone has mounted 993 side mirror to their 914 and can you use the flag mirror template to mount the mirrors. also any pictures out there with 993/964 aero mirror. please show.
Thanks, Al
larryM
did similar with miata e-mirrors (pic)

use the oem mirror gasket as a template,

make sure the mirror head can fully rotate for breakaway before you drill holes

trial-fit - you will likely have to grind a curve into the mirror base for a good fit

be aware that on 911's the right side is set back more than the left

- especially an issue for 914 -, else your vent pillar will mask the view

911 right templates are on the internet

you also want metal reinforcements inside the door under them, else they will eventually crack the door panel

.Click to view attachment

carr914
the only picture I have - it looked nice. I might have a set of 993 mirrors in my stash. I'll probably sell some things next month - I need to clear some space

Click to view attachment
larryM
HORRORS

3 restomod cars on evidence

surely our car value has dropped by 50% 'cuz of this mod

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...estoration.html

914junkie
I went with second gen MX5 mirrors because of their similarity to Porsche Aero mirrors. They fit and functioned well ~ Paul
Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Step 1: Don't Do It
Step 2: Enjoy a nice, frosty beverage
larryM
agreed - i would switch to those (have a set on shelf) - but my existing holes don't match that later style - too much bodywork to change 'em now

fwiw - my early miatas "look so right" that they have never been questioned at concours - more often they get admiring comments

QUOTE(914junkie @ Aug 21 2016, 01:27 PM) *

I went with second gen MX5 mirrors because of their similarity to Porsche Aero mirrors. They fit and functioned well ~ Paul

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.