Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914/6 Chalon Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forkchild
Hello,
My name is Kent Forke and I live in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have had a 1970 914/6 in my family for 28 years but I have to sell it. My Dad put a Chalon Kit on it and I need as much information about this kit and company as I can to help out for accurate appraisal assessment. Could someone please help, or send me links to research this? Thanks for your interest.

Fork
porschetub
There was one in the FS section,maybe contact the seller and ask for details he may pass them forward
whitetwinturbo
.............if it is a "real" 914/6 it could be valuable.......IF put back to "original".
porschetub
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 21 2016, 02:16 PM) *

.............if it is a "real" 914/6 it could be valuable.......IF put back to "original".

Hell I was going to say that maybe I'am too polite av-943.gif av-943.gif ,I seem to remember these kits required the front inner steel panels chopped to fit the slanted front or is that on the 911...
Which ever way its a big can opener job to fit these kits far as I know?
If and maybe a big if it is a real car it may be a big job to reverse engineer this car back to its original body,in reality unless done well it would surely hurt its value today.
As it stands however still worth good money to the right skilled person or maybe the OP can take a knock on the chin value wise as it sits confused24.gif .
And good luck beer.gif
boxsterfan
How much you want for it?
iwanta914-6
I hate Chalon kits but I'd take it if its a real six. smile.gif

With a post like this, be aware, your inbox will get flooded.
boxsterfan
I'm one of the few that actually like the Chalon kits. This one looks well done in particular (assuming the pic is recent). Agree that if this is a real /6 that it would be worth more money as an original /6. At current /6 prices (and future prices), it could be worth converting back to original.

If I owned, I'd change to Fuch's and drive it. Who knows? It could be the only /6 Chalon conversion on the planet. w00t.gif
sixnotfour
I love it...LMK..email me or PM .....thanks jeff
SixerJ
Fork, nice car and good luck with the sale. If a genuine six it will be worth converting back to stock for many, but it is work. Or as boxerfan say some will just enjoy the uniqueness

Do you still have any of the removed parts like bumpers etc, those would help with value as it's less bits to find, correct rear bumper in particular

Nice solid daily drivers, but not super fantastic are changing hand for 70 - 80k all day long and higher as I'm sure you have worked out

I recon someone would have to wind the thick end of 30k easily to put it back to a slab side (assuming there is nothing else wrong body wise / ignoring any interior & mech issues), for sure your going to take a big hit for that on the appraisal. But it's still worth coin so don't be low balled as the values are only going up

Good luck, post more pictures and expect a wave of members knocking on your inbox!

welcome.png

Joe Bob
VIN# tells all. If it starts with 914, it's a six, original. Any starting with a 47 number it's a conversion.....
forkchild
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 20 2016, 09:16 PM) *

What do you mean real? Like it came to a truckstop with numbers on the doors and a rollbar in it, real? Yeah, it's real.
forkchild
QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Aug 21 2016, 09:07 AM) *

VIN# tells all. If it starts with 914, it's a six, original. Any starting with a 47 number it's a conversion.....

It's not a conversion. It is real, just had this kit added to it.
My 914
Nice car! I like it the way it is.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.