Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914/4 2.0L heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Han Solo
I'm selling the heads that came off my '76 2.0L parts car. They're in poor condition and will need complete rebuild. No fins are broken and there's no cracks from casual observation. $75 for the pair. SOLD

IPB Image

IPB Image
Mblizzard
Pending. Edification of no cracks I would be interested.
914bub
Pm sent, I'll take em
Han Solo
QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 21 2016, 04:21 PM) *

Pm sent, I'll take em

Replied to PM. Sale pending.
Mblizzard
Ok so I take it my first interest was not sufficient?
Han Solo
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 21 2016, 06:36 PM) *

Pending. Edification of no cracks I would be interested.

Ok so I take it my first interest was not sufficient?

"I would be interested" compared to "I'll take them" followed by a PM...

"I'll take them" is a confirmation and "I would be interested" a maybe. Am I missing something here WTF.gif
Han Solo
Buyer had to back out. These heads are boxed up and ready to ship!
Mblizzard
Ok I will take them if they are not cracked.
barefoot
I'll take them cracks or not
Barefoot
Shipping to 29420 ?
forrestkhaag
This thread begs the question:

Could a list be posted by the managers of this website? A listed set of determining terms and phrases that would define commitment to buy an item offered, verses look at, or muse over?

I went to grade school back when grammar was a subject being taught and you could actually receive a D or F in a class verses a trophy just for chowing up!

Maybe a brief list of terms would help here. confused24.gif beerchug.gif

Mblizzard
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 24 2016, 08:29 AM) *

Could a list be posted by the managers of this website? A listed set of determining terms and phrases that would define commitment to buy an item offered, verses look at, or muse over?

I went to grade school back when grammar was a subject being taught and you could actually receive a D or F in a class verses a trophy just for chowing up!

Admittedly, my word choice was poor. Due in part to auto correct. But it will always be subjective in some ways. When they are presented as no cracks but only on casual observations, it seems fair to ask for confirmation of that before making a purchase. But it is still up to the seller to decide the criteria for response.

billh1963
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 24 2016, 12:29 PM) *

I have lost good deals by posting "will take pending pictures" or some such thing.

If someone posts "I'll take it" with no conditions, that will always take precedence over a conditional post.

Someone with conditions attached is interested; but, is not committed.
The post with no conditions attached is committed.

type2man
Yep, you gotta be realistic. The heads looks like shit but indeed $50 for a core 914 2.0 head is cheap. The listings that really irk me are the ones when someone responds I will take them and then backs out. If you say you are buying something, you commit...no excuses. I lost out on a set of front turn signal lenses with the turn signals in them because some douche decided to pass and I didnt post in the add that i wanted second in line....
Han Solo
Those heads have been sold. Thanks gentlemen!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.