Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PINKSĀ®
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rouser
Was checking the program schedule on SPEED Channel (I like watching "Unique Whips"), and I happened across a new series coming in July: PINKS. Check out the premiere webisode; can't vouch how it'll play with dial-up, but broadband was real good.

You could tell the Goat owner (er ... um ... GTO, for any new farts out there) was full of himself, with his nitrous crutch and "Bored out a 326 to 455" BS. That oldie-but-goodie absolutely SMOKED him; I don't think he even NEEDED the 3 lengths, small block and all. I'm going to watch out for this one ...

Hey, let Jake know and maybe he can contact them for a T-1 vs. T-IV challenge! The commentator said the grudge matchers set the rules (Bugs, 2.0L limit, no fancy-schmancy nitro crap, etc.), than best 2 outta 3. See who snaps something first!
Jake Raby
Damn thats a great idea!
bd1308
SCHEWWWWWTEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!! biggrin.gif
Rouser
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Apr 13 2005, 09:58 PM)
Damn thats a great idea!

Contact them and the likes of Danimal and such, than have them put up or SHUT UP!

Can you IMAGINE the exposure (i.e. RAT publicity), and the T-1 vs. T-IV viewership that'll occur with two Bugs hammering off the line? Think you can you get "The Plague" set up?

OH CRAP, I KNOW ... type4parts.com vs. type4store.com! I'd PAY to watch THAT!!!
ws91420
History Channel (I think) has one called Full Throttle where they take like cars as in same make and model or similar as in el camino vs ranchero with two teams to modify them in a set time frame w/ provided parts. Then they have a best of three drag race to see which team gets to keep both cars. Did beetles once and if I remember right they put in SCAT motors.
Rouser
QUOTE (ws91420 @ Apr 13 2005, 10:06 PM)
History Channel (I think) has one called Full Throttle where they take like cars as in same make and model or similar as in el camino vs ranchero with two teams to modify them in a set time frame w/ provided parts. Then they have a best of three drag race to see which team gets to keep both cars. Did beetles once and if I remember right they put in SCAT motors.

Yeah, I've seen that one, hosted by twin brothers. My sons think the show is cool (they happen to be twins).

But in "Full Throttle" the host(s) bring the hardware and the teams paste 'em together. In PINKS, it's run-what-cha-brung, to-a-point; everything is agreed upon in advance (yeah, right, like Mister Goat Owner-Not-Driver).

Nice venue for all the smack-talkers; can't wait to see a rice episode! Ooo, OOO, RICE vs. EURO!
Bruce Allert
Cool show! I enjoyed watching the sweat form on both of those guys.

Crap! ohmy.gif puting all that work into a car at the last minute then losing it the first time it's driven??? Bummer sad.gif

........b
JmuRiz
OH CRAP, I KNOW ... type4parts.com vs. type4store.com! I'd PAY to watch THAT!!!

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.