Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area - 914 body work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
As it starts to cool off a little bit here in the East Bay, it finally means it might be cool enough for me to actually get work done in my garage. I'm still tearing down my 914, but I wanted to start looking for any recommended shops local in the Bay Area to send my car to for stripping, metal work (a little hell hole work), and possibly painting.

Thanks in advance...
tradisrad
Yeaman Auto Body in Palo Alto: http://www.yabinc.com/
He knows 914's
smokey
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Aug 21 2016, 01:17 PM) *

He knows 914's

sheeplove.gif

Scott yeaman

In action

Buyer BEWEAR !

smoke.gif
echocanyons
QUOTE(smokey @ Aug 21 2016, 05:03 PM) *

He knows 914's

sheeplove.gif

Scott yeaman

In action

Buyer BEWEAR !

smoke.gif

Wanna elaborate or are you just slinging mud?
smokey
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Aug 21 2016, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(smokey @ Aug 21 2016, 05:03 PM) *

He knows 914's

sheeplove.gif

Scott yeaman

In action

Buyer BEWEAR !

smoke.gif

Wanna elaborate or are you just slinging mud?

And what is your name ?

Rick McCarthy
Hear

My opinion is my opinion.....
K!

smoke.gif
smokey
Call
Scotty !

Ask him why !

Got it ?

smoke.gif
boxsterfan
OK, so this search is going well so far... shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
If you want single stage paint like the original you will need to go outside of the bay area. Try Sonoma county or Santa Cruz. Body work cost will be less there too.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Aug 21 2016, 03:56 PM) *

As it starts to cool off a little bit here in the East Bay, it finally means it might be cool enough for me to actually get work done in my garage. I'm still tearing down my 914, but I wanted to start looking for any recommended shops local in the Bay Area to send my car to for stripping, metal work (a little hell hole work), and possibly painting.

Thanks in advance...

Altissimo. They are on American Canyon Road. Brandon the owner is a lifelong friend of McMark and I know that whenever Mark did complete restoration with paint and not just the rust repair, Altissimo did the work.

FWIW, I have used Scott Yeaman with wonderful results.
Mike Bellis
Believe it or not...

Miracle in Pleasanton is well known in the hot rodding community for doing some great work.
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 21 2016, 08:35 PM) *

Believe it or not...

Miracle in Pleasanton is well known in the hot rodding community for doing some great work.

Good to know, just met a 914 guy and his dad does paint n body on the side. Am going to ask him to quote a classic Mini for me as soon as I can get it rolling. Will update as it goes. Newark/Fremont area
McMark
Yup, I use Altissimo because I know exactly what I'm getting and I know his attention to detail. But expect to pay for that quality.
Mueller
I've had 3 vehicles repaired at Yeamons, one a major repair job (my 964 after we spun and hit a big rig)

No problems*, of course those repairs had all been insurance jobs so no out of pocket money for me.

*I remember one problem now, on our F150 truck they had to take the bed off, when it went back on they forgot to line up the gas take fill tube with the fuel filler door opening. I went to go put gas in and there was no way to fill it!.

Luckily I was able to reach under there and line it up, not something my wife would have been able to do.

Quality wise I think with any large shop like his it can be hit and miss, sometimes you'll get a worker that just doesn't care or is rushed too much.
boxsterfan
Thanks everyone for all the suggestion so far. I've reached out to Altissimo and will swing by Miracle in Pleasanton since it is near my work. I also need to swing by my neighbor's house who has a '32 Hotrod and see who did his work.
mmascari
I had mine painted at Miracle in Pleasanton. I saw a lot of early 70s American cars go through there. I am happy with the results.
mmascari
Then when the paint is done, roll it over to Tri Valley Auto Glass/Upholstery to do the vinyl and glass.
PThompson509
Where is a good place in Santa Cruz? I'm just now moving back there, and REALLY need to update the paint on my e-914.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.