Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 running good!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Got my teener back from Mark Henrry, Aug. long weekend, drove it 1655 KM home to Moncton, no problems whatsoever! Just finished a 5 hour run with spirited driving, lots of twisty's and had to allow a bit of distance from the 911 ahead of me as I easily was on his ass in the twisty parts. Mark did a great job on my engine, fixing someone else's mistakes, nice to finally have a nice working engine! I am really impressed with the difference having a 2056, as has been said before, this is what it should of had right from the start.
I do have the factory sway bars, shocks are original, most likely Boge, and I did install the 100 lb weltmeister springs, that's it, she handles extremely well, is comfortable on a long trip and with that 2056 is a very nice package.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
billh1963
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 21 2016, 04:37 PM) *

Got my teener back from Mark Henrry, Aug. long weekend, drove it 1655 KM home to Moncton, no problems whatsoever! Just finished a 5 hour run with spirited driving, lots of twisty's and had to allow a bit of distance from the 911 ahead of me as I easily was on his ass in the twisty parts. Mark did a great job on my engine, fixing someone else's mistakes, nice to finally have a nice working engine! I am really impressed with the difference having a 2056, as has been said before, this is what it should of had right from the start.
I do have the factory sway bars, shocks are original, most likely Boge, and I did install the 100 lb weltmeister springs, that's it, she handles extremely well, is comfortable on a long trip and with that 2056 is a very nice package.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Awesome! We need to see some pictures of this ride...
Ian Stott
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 21 2016, 06:20 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Awesome! We need to see some pictures of this ride...

I haven't been successful at posting pics , I will e-mail some to Mark Henry and maybe he will be kind enough to do that.

Ian

theleschyouknow
sweet some day I would like to go 2056 glad to know you can feel the difference in the seat of your pants
curious, what motor did you go from? as in you can feel difference from your previous 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0?
glad it's running right, drive the sh!t out of it!

beerchug.gif
cjl
MDG

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Nice, Ian. I saw your car one night when I went out to see Mark. Glad to hear it's back and being enjoyed.

Ian Stott
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Aug 21 2016, 10:46 PM) *

sweet some day I would like to go 2056 glad to know you can feel the difference in the seat of your pants
curious, what motor did you go from? as in you can feel difference from your previous 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0?
glad it's running right, drive the sh!t out of it!

beerchug.gif
cjl

73 2.0, but the engine was getting tired and starting to puff smoke between shiftsIt ran really well and was pretty quick, no problem sticking with an original six although his did sound nicer! I got the new heads from LN engineering and the Raby cam kit, combine that with the slight increase in displacement and you have a nice little engine. I found the biggest improvement is you have more torque at lower rpm.

Ian
McMark
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 22 2016, 04:22 AM) *
I found the biggest improvement is you have more torque at lower rpm.

Yup. That's the best part of the 2056. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
What size pistons does it have ? And what change to the headers / exhaust. ?
McMark
2056 is 71mm stroke x 96mm bore.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 22 2016, 08:53 AM) *

What size pistons does it have ? And what change to the headers / exhaust. ?

What Mark said about the Pistons , pretty standard exhaust, SS heat exchangers and a muffler from Tangerine Racing that has 2 outlets.
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 22 2016, 03:22 AM) *

73 2.0, but the engine was getting tired and starting to puff smoke between shiftsIt ran really well and was pretty quick, no problem sticking with an original six although his did sound nicer! I got the new heads from LN engineering and the Raby cam kit, combine that with the slight increase in displacement and you have a nice little engine. I found the biggest improvement is you have more torque at lower rpm.

Ian

hmm I have 73 2.0... idea.gif

did you stick with original fi, different fi or go with carbs?

beerchug.gif
cjl
Ian Stott
[quote name='theleschyouknow' date='Aug 22 2016, 09:01 PM' post='2388778']
[quote name='Ian Stott' post='2388395' date='Aug 22 2016, 03:22 AM']

Ian
[/quote]

hmm I have 73 2.0... idea.gif

did you stick with original fi, different fi or go with carbs?

beerchug.gif
cjl
Switched the d-jet out, put in L-jet. D-jet just wouldn't run right, Mark Henry tried hard, l-jet works nice.

Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.