Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I got an email about a 1.8 for sale.
Guy says its got good compression but its out of the car so I cant hear it run.
wants $150.

how about a second opinion on a good offer?
brer
back
brer
numbers
LvSteveH
It's a throw of the dice, what have you got to lose at $150. If you need a motor and can't spend much it beats walking.
scotty914
well i think 150 is a great price, i have heard of 1.8 heads going for 250 to 400 in good shape. also 1.8 dizzys go for 50 or so. if it has fi the afm can go for 100 + easy, but i paid like 30 for one ( afm ) 2 years ago.

i sold my 1.8 for 450, it had great compression when i checked it and had a few new parts, like fuel pres. reg., decel valve, thermo stat.

i would say from what i have seen, runnign 1.7 and 1.8 with fi go for around 500 in decent shape. 2.0 with fi going for up to 1 k.

edit; you can always strip the tin and paint it up and ebay it for 500 +
brer
the car fell apart, rusted, before the motor did biggrin.gif

he picked it up for a sandrail project and never touched it.
Word is it runs good and has the FI.

I was reading the thread about building up the 1.7, maybe i should do the same idea.gif
Mueller
Paid $350 for my current 1.8, it's a runner, or was until I wanked all the FI/ignition stuff off of it for the new programmable fuel injection/ignition....

I'd buy it for $150 if you have the space for it...it would be a perfect base to build a new motor from....
GWN7
Buy it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.