Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Modesto 914 Meet Up Today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Great turnout this am of valley 914 owners in Modesto. Some came from as far as Stockton. Modified, stock, and everything in between. Thank you to those who took the time to get together and share stories and info. Maybe we should continue to do this about once a year. Here's a pic of the teener gang and another of some of the cars.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
arkitect
There was some cool rides, seen some familiar faces and met some new ones.

Will try to post some more picts, but took with my tablet, will probably take until tomorrow to get them posted.

Dave
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(arkitect @ Aug 21 2016, 10:06 PM) *

There was some cool rides, seen some familiar faces and met some new ones.

Will try to post some more picts, but took with my tablet, will probably take until tomorrow to get them posted.

Dave

Remind me Dave, what were you driving?
jim_hoyland
Nice pics, thanks for sharing; over the years there have been quite a few posters on the club board from Modesto. Hope to see you at the WCR 2017- it appears to be scheduled for No California smile.gif
Cracker
Very nice to see those represented...how the hell do you get those damn easels in a teener?

Trev
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ Aug 22 2016, 04:27 AM) *

Very nice to see those represented...how the hell do you get those damn easels in a teener?

Trev

the easel legs collapse or fold up. piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
Good job forming a team for the WCR2017 Mammoth 914 Mistake! biggrin.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 22 2016, 09:10 AM) *

Hey Cone, I'm coming up with my 2 bros for the Air Races, you any in's? Just checking piratenanner.gif
76-914
3 threads about one event?? confused24.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2016, 11:49 AM) *

Sorry 76, didn't realize these threads spread like weeds! I have a 76 in Cali too, any issue passing smog with yours every 2 years? Hope they change that someday, but I'm not holding my breath. shades.gif
914bub

Yeah, it was that good! Why didn't you make it? Guess we could go back to multiple threads, full of crap, from the "gentleman" from Minnesota. Would that suit you better?

We drove there, nuff said....
Andyrew
Actually I think there are 5-6 threads out there.

Curtis is new to the forum and getting the hang of proper etiquette.

I think in the future he'll know that its better to post in an existing thread and keep the information streamlined than to make a new thread and scatter the information around. smile.gif

914bub
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 22 2016, 12:34 PM) *

I think in the future he'll know that its better to post in an existing thread and keep the information streamlined than to make a new thread and scatter the information around. smile.gif

Fair enough but I , for one, had a great time and I brought the crappiest car to the get together. Still want to take a closer look at your car Andrew.
oakdalecurtis

You have me nailed exactly Andy, thanks for sticking up for me. I am an idiot sometimes, just ask my wife. But I get an A for effort!
cheer.gif
914bub
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 12:37 PM) *

You have me nailed exactly Andy, thanks for sticking up for me. I am an idiot sometimes, just ask my wife. But I get an A for effort!
cheer.gif

Curtis
Don't sweat it, your doing fine. I was expecting the easils to ride home "shot gun" too. Then you broke em down and tossed them in the trunk! beerchug.gif
Steve
In the late 70's and 80's I used to cruise Mchenry and Pacific Avenue. I was the only 914 out there. Everyone else was in muscle cars.
I had a Tangerine 71 with a 2.4 liter four in it. I used to blow away stock vets with that car.
914bub
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 22 2016, 01:14 PM) *

In the late 70's and 80's I used to cruise Mchenry and Pacific Avenue. I was the only 914 out there. Everyone else was in muscle cars.
I had a Tangerine 71 with a 2.4 liter four in it. I used to blow away stock vets with that car.

Funny you say that. I spoke with a guy at the Modesto get together yesterday. He lived in Detroit during the same period. He said he was very unpopular in the "Motor City" driving a 914!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 12:52 PM) *

Hey Cone, I'm coming up with my 2 bros for the Air Races, you any in's? Just checking piratenanner.gif

Not sure what that means? Translate and I'll try to answer. Don't you love auto-correct? evilgrin.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 22 2016, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 12:52 PM) *

Not sure what that means? Translate and I'll try to answer. Don't you love auto-correct? evilgrin.gif

Sorry Cone, was just checking to see if you went to the races and had an inside track to a shaded viewing area perhaps, can't hurt to ask.
76-914
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 12:21 PM) *

Sorry 76, didn't realize these threads spread like weeds! I have a 76 in Cali too, any issue passing smog with yours every 2 years? Hope they change that someday, but I'm not holding my breath. shades.gif

No problem. Now you know. FWIW, California was nice enough to register mine as a 75 so I don't have to do the "Smog 2 Step".

QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 22 2016, 12:30 PM) *

Yeah, it was that good! Why didn't you make it? Guess we could go back to multiple threads, full of crap, from the "gentleman" from Minnesota. Would that suit you better?

finger.gif
914bub
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2016, 02:46 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 12:21 PM) *

No problem. Now you know. FWIW, California was nice enough to register mine as a 75 so I don't have to do the "Smog 2 Step".

QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 22 2016, 12:30 PM) *

finger.gif

Lighten up, we'll let you know when the next get together is! aktion035.gif
Steve
QUOTE(914bub @ Aug 22 2016, 01:22 PM) *

Funny you say that. I spoke with a guy at the Modesto get together yesterday. He lived in Detroit during the same period. He said he was very unpopular in the "Motor City" driving a 914!

I met a lot of women cruising those two avenues. I met my future wife on Pacific Avenue in Stockton back in 89. Still have the same car. It had a 2.7 six back then. It's now flaired with a 3.2.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 22 2016, 03:15 PM) *

I met a lot of women cruising those two avenues. I met my future wife on Pacific Avenue in Stockton back in 89. Still have the same car. It had a 2.7 six back then. It's now flaired with a 3.2.

But the important question is, do you still have the same WIFE! cheer.gif
arkitect
QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 03:51 PM) *

I have many similar experiences, cruised both Pacific Ave., McHenry and School street in Lodi in the 70's but wasn't into porsches like now, muscle cars back then.

And also met my wife cruising Pacific Ave. and still married.

Here are some more picts....

Dave

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(arkitect @ Aug 22 2016, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Aug 22 2016, 03:51 PM) *

I have many similar experiences, cruised both Pacific Ave., McHenry and School street in Lodi in the 70's but wasn't into porsches like now, muscle cars back then.

And also met my wife cruising Pacific Ave. and still married.

Here are some more picts....

Dave

Dave, you probably already saw this McHenry 914/Cop encounter story, but just in case you missed it, it's pretty good. Here's the link:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...87908&st=20
Steve
Still married to the same wife. Have 3 girls 21 and 18 year old twin girls. I also cruised Lodi, but not as often. I graduated from Tokay in Lodi in 78.
This is my first 914. This was the 914 I cruised in the late 70's and early 80's. Some kid rear ended it on Pacific Avenue and the insurance company totaled it. It had a 2.4 liter 4 at the time.
Click to view attachment
arkitect
Steve,
Cool old picture.

I graduated Tokay in '75, just a little before you. We were always on School street, back and forth, then when we got tired of it, went to Stockton. Also to the pizza gardens in Lodi.

Dave
My 914
i agree. Its a nice shot and I assume from the mid to late 70's. I thunk I had that same jacket!

Van
Steve
Probably around 79. I was super skinny and wore that jacket all year round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.