Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to vent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
After 7 months of hard work and EVERYTHING rebuilt on the 914, and I do mean everything, it was the weekend to start her for the first time in 24 years. Got her to crank over late Sat, no spark and certainly no fuel yet. The 12 pin connector was installed off by one row. Wired the distributor HT leads and obtained spark Sunday morning. Got the fuel pump to run diagnosing a bad relay. Pushed the car outside for the first time. My she looks pretty. Added about a little over a pint of fuel to check out the fuel lines with new stainless line along with new fuel pump and filter located under the gravel tray. Thanks Tangerine Racing. Found a little trickle of fuel dripping out the bottom of the car at the front the actual location from which could not be found. Ended up pulling the tank again - now 4 times. Only took me 12 minutes. Found the leak to be coming from the old return line and specially the gasket at the tank fitting. Didn't touch that before as the larger fitting required me to chase these tank threads when the aluminum nut decided to give up some material. That was no fun. Well the smaller fitting is now off and all I need is to find a new gasket. Thanks for letting me vent as frustration was at max gain this weekend. Maybe it was the let down from not seeing the car running yet. Oh well another day...................... off now to make my dirty Vodka Martin. My psychologist friend calls it vitamin V. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
I searched everywhere local for something I could use to no avail, finally got proper tank gaskets from Rotary'14
boxsterfan
I had my tank out before I decided to just tear down my 914 for a complete rebuild. Had an awful time with leaking at the tank fittings. When I rebuild, I am going with this:

http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3288.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.