Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Turn Signal Reflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tbox56
Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I posted on here, but I am finally getting some time to work on the car again.

I am looking for some information on the front turn signals. In the housing, it looks like there is a spot for a reflector in the bottom, but neither of my lights had this part. Is this something that was designed in, but never made it to the cars, or am i missing it, and lacking in google-fu? I searched around, and haven't been able to find anything about it.

Second question, if it does exist, does anyone know where I can get a pair of them?

Third question, I'm also missing the reflector in the rear taillight that slides into the outside of the housing, and can't seem to find anywhere to purchase it. I'm looking for a source for this reflector, but am willing to purchase a new housing, if it comes with this part, my housing has seen better days anyway..

Anyone have these parts or sources for them?

Many thanks!
PancakePorsche
You probably are referring to the city light section for Euro cars. There are people like Auto Atlanta making conversion kits to add. Uses 2 color lens.

If you go Euro look (amber turn lens on rear also), you will not use the reflex inserts or miniature bulb on tail lights. Most folks fail to do this and have amber side showing light when the running lights are on.

USA/DOT required more visible, 2 lamp per housing running lights.
tbox56
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Aug 21 2016, 07:42 PM) *

You probably are referring to the city light section for Euro cars. There are people like Auto Atlanta making conversion kits to add. Uses 2 color lens.

If you go Euro look (amber turn lens on rear also), you will not use the reflex inserts or miniature bulb on tail lights. Most folks fail to do this and have amber side showing light when the running lights are on.

USA/DOT required more visible, 2 lamp per housing running lights.

I'm familiar with the euro style lens, and i really like that look, but Im not planning to convert. What i currently have, and I have not idea if it is 'proper' but it is a single lamp, dual filament, and an American all orange lens.

It looks like in the housing, there is a spot for a reflector to slide in, probably something in a "Z" shape, but i could be completely off base, just going off observations. I think that DOT requires a reflector in the front, two on the sides, and one in the back, and I'm not seeing a true 'reflector' how it is currently setup. (I am basing this on absolutely nothing, other than logic, but we are dealing with the government, and we know that they are not always logical smile.gif )

On the back, again I have the American style solid red lens, I think with 4 lamps. The reflector I am looking for sits on the far outside of the assembly, I'm not looking at it now, but i think it is outside all the lamps. I would consider it a 'side' reflector.

Does that make sense?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.