Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Massive right front brake fluid leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
I recently had all new pads, rebuilt rear calipers...the right rear caliper was leaking, and all 4 rotors installed. I had a new brake master cylinder installed as well with all new 4 brake hoses.

I posted before it was hard to press the brake pedal to make it stop. Checked today and the brake fluid was empty. Filled the fluid up with DOT 3 OEM SPEC, it leaked all over the front right about 6 inches behind the front brake caliper. What hose can this be? It seems to be dripping from the chassis. There is ZERO fluid dripping from the right caliper and I had the caliper hoses replaced on all 4 wheels. The pressing down hard on the pedal was because I was leaking all the fluid out and it was dry. Now, with driving with no brake fluid, could this have damaged the seals on the new master I bought? What do you suspect the leak could be from? The brake fluid resovior seems not to have a leak. I think it might be coming from one of the lines from it though to the right front wheel that is pooling under the body. Any help appreciated.
stugray
Sounds like it is leaking where the rigid line meets the flex line.

Have someone else push the pedal while you crawl under and pinpoint it.
falcor75
Sounds like the leak would be at the Connection between the front right hardline and brake hose. Take the Wheel off and see if you can snug it up.

zambezi
If it leaks as soon as you put the fluid, then I would suggest it is one of the lines that runs from the reservoir to the master cylinder. Since the master was recently changed the line could have come loose.
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.