you going to mold in the rockers?
root
No! I need to get access later for cooler lines... wink.gif
Here's a rear shot...
Aaron Cox
what 5 lug wheels will you be running biggrin.gif
root
Dunno yet! Have to make the conversion first. In the mean time I wander if I
can weld some ring spacers in these FormVees and widen 'em!
biggrin.gif
jasons
Blending those bumpers appears to be the way to make them look good. When they show the seams, it breaks up the lines too much or something. When they are blended, they just look more natural.

I would have the obvious fear that I might find a reason to get in there later.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (jasons @ Apr 14 2005, 05:31 AM)
Blending those bumpers appears to be the way to make them look good. When they show the seams, it breaks up the lines too much or something. When they are blended, they just look more natural.

I would have the obvious fear that I might find a reason to get in there later.

agree.gif The molded in look rocks. Can't wait to see it painted! Yeah! boldblue.gif
root
Waiting for New wheels and tires!
root
I'm getting sidetracked while waiting! Rebuilding this...
Can you guess what it is?
See the front of the teener left side of pic?
scotty b
If you want some kind of factory wheel let me know. My former boss and one of my friends have several sets of factory 15 & 16" wheels. I know my boss has some 928 pans in 16 and some cokkie cutters in 15, I know he also has some Fuch's in both sizes. I have a set of 15" phone dials that need stripping and repainting, but they are in good shape otherwise. I'm getting off the pooter now so e-mail or pm if interested, and I'll get a complete list together by the end of the week.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (root @ Apr 18 2005, 06:51 PM)
I'm getting sidetracked while waiting! Rebuilding this...
Can you guess what it is?
See the front of the teener left side of pic?

not a bmw motor is it.... unsure.gif
root
'86 4AGE Totyota or 'hachi roku' biggrin.gif
greg.treadway
The car looks good. From the side it's really clean looking. What color will it be?
root
Black! Already painted the interior gunmetal silver. wink.gif
Eddie914
Nice job Dan!

I love the molded look. I have been considering the same for the front of my teener since the fit is so poor ... sub-standard parts and shoody work by previous owners.

Do you have any mounting for the center of the front bumper/spoiler? I have a similar front spoiler and center needs to be forced forward and down.

You are amazing. You get so much work done? Do you ever sleep?

What color?

Eddie
root
I thought this would happen sometime. There's Dan (root werks) and there's me
(root). Dan is a wild man, has done more fibermorph's than me.

However, check my thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...f=2&t=21860&hl=
or search for: Project Thread - Molded Front Glass Bumper biggrin.gif
jgiroux67
Can you show a picture of what you did on the front bumper where it meets the front hood.
Wow, every time I see your pics its like looking out in my garage.
Your doing a great job!
root
Got wheels and rubber, filled up the flares! boldblue.gif
root
biggrin.gif
jgiroux67
What type and size of wheels are those?
xsboost90
when i saw that motor i thought, hey a mini supra motor! 4GE makes sense.
redshift
smile.gif

That thing looks angry!

M
MecGen
Wow
Lots of hard work on your car smilie_pokal.gif

I have worked on many Toys. it always the oil cooler that shits the bed, check all the lines. I have customer with an ALL original 86, with 48000 km (not miles). everytime its in the shop someone asks him to sell it.

I am always interested in "other" projects mueba.gif

Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
root
O.K.

Wheels -- Custom built by Diamond Racing Wheels in Wisconsin
15X8 'Pro', 4X130 lug centric, 4.5" back spacing, powder coat black.
Tires -- Dunlop SP8000, 15-245/60
biggrin.gif
Racing916
Looks sweet smilie_pokal.gif , what size motor are you going to put in it, or did I miss that ?? biggrin.gif
root
Saving up for a Jake Massive 4! boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (root @ May 23 2005, 05:40 AM)
O.K.

Wheels -- Custom built by Diamond Racing Wheels in Wisconsin
15X8 'Pro', 4X130 lug centric, 4.5" back spacing, powder coat black.
Tires -- Dunlop SP8000, 15-245/60
biggrin.gif

heavy suckers i hear?
Scott S
looks great (and familiar!)

I have a question on the front bumper - it appears to be "rolled up" to toward the top - as if somone was pulling up on the lower lip. It also looks flat across the front vs following the curve of the car (see pic). I am not trying to be an ass, I am more questioning if you had to remove a bunch of the bumper top to get it to fit or if the piece was actually molded that way. I think the above post nailed it - it looks really mean.
Scott S
this may show it better....
root
Scott, Not sure why it appears so? Maybe it's from applying a slight backward tilt during bolt-up 'cause I was trying to pull the top edge of the bumper up to the trunk seal.
I'm gonna look at it close tonight, now is the time to make changes, before the urethane goes on! biggrin.gif
root
Not enough room in the garage to check the front nose angle. My son is doing an engine swap, the garage is an obstacle course headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Here's a rear shot ! Scott, put your eye on the rear and give me some feedback! beer.gif
Scott S
Again - it looks really great.

I am jealous. You have the "good" 916 bumper with the correctly shaped license plate cut out and longer valance.
When I bought my car it had that bumper. I was rear ended and had to replace it. After much searching I could only find the new style one that everyone now sells. It had bugged me for 10 years!!!!!

Great job - as Nepolean Dynamite would say, "you have skills" (how are you at bow hunting?)

Vote for Pedro......
biggrin.gif
marks914
Looks great! It brings back memories...
Here is a suggestion of how to help that wierd 916 front opening look a little cleaner.
I too hate the crooked cutlines, I ended up straigntening them out.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.