Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Easy plug wire routing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Easy question, just got some new Beru plug wires, haven't installed them yet. When I put the new ones in, does it make any darn difference if the plug wires are run UNDER the existing rubber hoses on top of the engine, or should the plug wires be "a little more free" OVER the top of all the carb and smog rubber hoses? Here's what it looks like now with the existing wires somewhat "under".
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Personally I like wires on top to avoid heat.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 22 2016, 03:14 PM) *

Personally I like wires on top to avoid heat.

That's what I would have thought too.
Dave_Darling
Doesn't really matter. Just keep them away from the wires for the FI system where practical.

--DD
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 22 2016, 03:37 PM) *

Doesn't really matter. Just keep them away from the wires for the FI system where practical.

--DD

Currently the plug wires are under the intake tubes in close proximity to the wires for the FI system. Could that result in arc over or interference with the injectors function or the plug spark? I also read that the wire for #3 should be UNDER the intake tube or it could cause interference with the MPS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.