Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all RRC 2016 Teeners from North and West
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

It's RRC time and Caravan time for all teeners North (Jamie) and West.

For the North and Salt Lake City crowd, The plan is to meet up in the PMB parking lot at 8:30AM with a full tank and an empty bladder. We'll be leaving at 9:00AM for Green River and Ray's Tavern. The trip is 170 miles and should take roughly 3 hours (a little less if we can all keep up with Larry)

Click to view attachment

We'd love to hook up with our LA and Las Vegas teeners at Ray's. It will be an early morning, YOU CAN DO IT! Just under six hours but, we know you can bet the GPS any old day. See you at Ray's at high noon. Jimmy will be there so, yes, it will be "High" N smoke.gif smoke.gif n JP. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Ray's Tavern
25 Broadway
Green River, UT 84525

Click to view attachment

After Ray's we head to Moab... you know... MOAB! We'll stop there for fuel and final refreshments...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

...and then into Ridgway through the back door (SLITS would've liked it that way). wink.gif That's right, we're taking the La Sal route for some of the best roads and best scenery in this good ole US of A.

Click to view attachment

We realize this is extremely enticing so, for you Grand Junction and Duran-Durango peeps, you're welcome to meet up with us in Moab just for the amazing drive to Ridgway with the cool kids (yeah... we're bringing Gene and Mary). slap.gif

P.S. Don't tell the rest of the (914)world that this is the best place on earth to drive a 914.

Caravan List:

Eric S.
Gene
Mike P.
Larry
Jimmy
Jamie
James

Chris however, will NOT be coming. He refuses to get up an hour early to join his fellow Teeners for lunch. biggrin.gif

Sleepin
Interested.....
Eric_Shea
It would be so much more funner if ya came! (well, at least send Val) blink.gif
Sleepin
It'd be much more funner iffin it was dirt!
StratPlayer
I'll have my gopro so I'll be taken lots of videos of the trip. driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving-girl.gif beerchug.gif
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 22 2016, 03:32 PM) *

Jimmy will be there so, yes, it will be "High" N smoke.gif smoke.gif n JP. blink.gif

Oh look, I found my new best friend happy11.gif
draperjojo
Watch your speed through Wellington.
JRust
Sounds good Eric! I will try to be there. Again all depends how my week is going with work. I hope to leave by noon Wednesday the 7th
VegasRacer

We'd love to hook up with our Las Vegas teeners at Ray's. Jimmy will be there so, yes, it will be "High" N smoke.gif smoke.gif n JP. blink.gif

I am doing an Elliot and going up a week day early. I will be passing Green River on Wednesday.
Chris914n6
Sorry no. I'll be getting up at sunrise, shower eat and pack the car for a 7:00 departure. Then we will be taking the scenic route thru Bryce. Should put us in GR 1-2.
No 914, so won't be "making up time" and it's my first time out there, so I will be there when I get there IPB Image smile.gif

We'd love to hook up with our LA and Las Vegas teeners at Ray's. It will be an early morning, YOU CAN DO IT! Just under six hours but, we know you can bet the GPS any old day. See you at Ray's at high noon. Jimmy will be there so, yes, it will be "High" N smoke.gif smoke.gif n JP. blink.gif

Click to view attachment

JRust
Looks like a good 19 hours one way driving for me confused24.gif . So shut it with getting up early poke.gif . happy11.gif
Jamie's route so stop whinning!
mgp4591
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 22 2016, 10:14 PM) *

Looks like a good 19 hours one way driving for me confused24.gif . So shut it with getting up early poke.gif . happy11.gif
Jamie's route so stop whinning!

Damn Jamie - that's HARDCORE!! It'll be good to see you! Me, I'm in the Subaru again.... dry.gif mad.gif
Gulf91474
Mama said I have to be good. I'll slide in behind Jimmy for a good draft..... driving.gif smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 22 2016, 05:34 PM) *

It'd be much more funner iffin it was dirt!

Next year!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
green914
smoke.gif friends with weed ...
blackmoon
what is the date for this venture?
JRust
QUOTE(blackmoon @ Aug 23 2016, 08:41 AM) *

what is the date for this venture?

Red Rocks is Sept 8-11th. Check the highlighted thread for more details biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Updated the head count on the caravan.
Chris914n6

Chris however, will NOT be coming. He refuses to get up an hour early to join his fellow Teeners for lunch. biggrin.gif

I'm on vacation time, if you can't wait for us then we will see you a few hours later for dinner beerchug.gif
green914
Sounds like a fun driving.gif , but we already made plans to be in Ridgway on Wednesday.
Sleepin
The lesser amount of Speed Limit Patrollers sparks my interest for this route....too bad it isn't dirt...
StratPlayer
icon_bump.gif
Chris914n6
Did you plan to do anything in Moab besides driver thru?

mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 6 2016, 02:35 PM) *

Did you plan to do anything in Moab besides driver thru?

Because we're eating in Green River, probably not except maybe a gas tank top off. It's really the only way to get to the turnoff for dropping through the canyons to Telluride. You could come up through Monticello and meet us around that area if the route works out for you. It's a great ride to the destination!
Chris914n6
Changed plans. I've decided to do the scenic route home bound when I'll have all sorts of free time to do stuff. That means we can do the "start your vacation by waking up early for lunch" dudes highway route yellowsleep[1].gif sad2.gif and try to be there for lunch and the Shearavan thru Moab for PICS.
JRust
Nice Chris. Be good to see you again. You can look over my ac parts & give me you opinion
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 6 2016, 09:57 PM) *

Changed plans. I've decided to do the scenic route home bound when I'll have all sorts of free time to do stuff. That means we can do the "start your vacation by waking up early for lunch" dudes highway route yellowsleep[1].gif sad2.gif and try to be there for lunch and the Shearavan thru Moab for PICS.

I'll probably head home that same way so lunch in Moab ain't a bad idea! It's not as dramatic as dropping down the canyon but driving up through it can't be bad... shades.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 6 2016, 11:25 PM) *

Nice Chris. Be good to see you again. You can look over my ac parts & give me you opinion

What? I finally get to drive your car? SWEET! poke.gif
Toast
24 hour till take off!! aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif
Toast
Late start. In Mesquite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.