Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Front Strut Inserts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amenson
I am looking to replace the crappy KYB inserts that I have been running in the Porsti that were hand me downs from the previous owner. Going with the Bilstein B6's seem like a good choice. The only issue I have is that I can not choose which front inserts to use. I have '85 SC front struts. Searching online there appear to be 2 part numbers available and the application seems to apply to both the Boge 911 and 914.

34-001127...F4-P36-0112
34-001134...F4-P36-0113

I swapped the KYB's over from my 914 when I installed the SC parts making me believe that the struts are interchangeable. Some websites list the P36-0113 as 914 only while listing the P36-0112 as interchangeable. The P36-0113 are always cheaper.

What is the difference? blink.gif

Cheers,
Scott

bfrymire
is one the Sport and the other HD? (I have a set of the HD in storage, i can go look and see.)

-- brett
Amenson
I thought that that might be the case also as a few venders seem to have them listed like that. The official Bilstein UK sight lists both as sport. Several threads comparing Sport vs HD say that the buddy of their brother heard on some Honda forum that there is a letter from Bilstein saying that sport and HD have the same valving for BMW and Porsche. Bilstein website lists clear ride/valving differences between the two.

I got sick of searching so I went with 34-001134 front and 24-001793 rear.

Cheers,
Scott
914forme
can always be custom valved anyway.

The rears you can make adjustable, buy using these.

Work great, just don't get them half way on before they cool. You can boil out the shock if your not careful. headbang.gif But I was getting them revolved anyway.
mepstein
I always have to ask our rep the difference. Remember a little oil in the strut housing.
Amenson
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 22 2016, 09:26 PM) *

Work great, just don't get them half way on before they cool. You can boil out the shock if your not careful. headbang.gif But I was getting them revolved anyway.

Reading this made me laugh uncontrollably....twice! lol-2.gif
injunmort
vavleing is the same on hd and sports. sports are shorter to lower the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.