Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche-tom
So I got the 916 bodykit about 2 years ago from auto Atlanta and the rear bumper will not fit. The two metal brackets are about and inch off and no matter how hard I pull the bumper I cannot get it to line up. Has anybody had problems with this? (I have tried with and without spacers). I don't know if they will return it and last time it took 2months just to get it. Any info would be great
SirAndy
They all fit like crap, not just the AA ones.

By now, the molds are 40 years old and they were already crap when they were new.
dry.gif
porsche-tom
I expected the fiberglass to need trimming and to not fit very well but it's the alignment of the metal brackets that they bond in that are not fitting
Gunn1
Probably not to much you can do if they won't return it other than to cut off the misaligned studs and glass in some new ones in the correct locations. That is if the only misalignment is in the studs and not in the complete bumper cover.
mepstein
Ask George what he'll do to fix and let us know what he says.
URY914
Watch a few Utube videos and learn to work with fiberglass. You'll only have to work the backside of it so it doesn't need to look perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.