Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL: 74 2.0L possible LE?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
iwanta914-6
Just ran across this very well cared for 1974 2.0L in Colorado.

Seller has a very nice video that goes through a series of pictures and it looks like a very nice car for the price.

Being a 74 2.0L, White, no sail vinyl and has a front spoiler which always makes me think LE. Former Creamy? The VIN seems to fit.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5745925371.html
JeffBowlsby
The owner is a nice gentleman, he has a lot of history with the car, talk to him.

Call 1800PORSCHE x2 and ask them if the car has paint code U2V9.

This car has carbs, a cam change and hydraulic lifters, and formerly had A/C (removed).

Whoever may check it out, please report back.
Ferg
I emailed on it this AM, I'm like 10 miles away. Will report if I hear back from him.

carl s
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 24 2016, 06:28 PM) *

I emailed on it this AM, I'm like 10 miles away. Will report if I hear back from him.

Looks like an interesting car, not sure how I'd ship a car from Colorado back to the UK though... dry.gif

Be interested to hear about it though
carl s
looking at the pictures is it me or does the hell hole look like it has been resprayed White ?
Ferg
Going this weekend to look.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 25 2016, 05:18 PM) *

Nice!
914time
QUOTE(carl s @ Aug 25 2016, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 24 2016, 06:28 PM) *

Looks like an interesting car, not sure how I'd ship a car from Colorado back to the UK though... dry.gif

Be interested to hear about it though

Carl, it is possible. Another member bought my rusty but nice (is that possible?) 73 2.0L and shipped it from St. Paul, MN to the UK couple years back.
carl s

Carl, it is possible. Another member bought my rusty but nice (is that possible?) 73 2.0L and shipped it from St. Paul, MN to the UK couple years back.

Good to know thanks, I guess it's just down to whether the finance of it makes sense then...
poorsche914
Hmmm... idea.gif

No Mahles, aftermarket LE air dam - couldn't tell if the air dam mounting tabs were there or not - has black targa trim and in the maintenance book, there is "SE" notation...

Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif
Rav914
Continental Porsche (later, Jim Kelly), was around the corner from where I went to High School in Portland. Now sells Mini's and BMW.

Just thought I'd throw in that useless piece of info;)
carl s
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 25 2016, 10:18 PM) *

Hi, did you go and see the car this weekend? How was it
Ferg
I did go, just got to office, report back soon.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 29 2016, 08:50 AM) *

I did go, just got to office, report back soon.

popcorn[1].gif
Ferg
QUOTE(carl s @ Aug 29 2016, 12:06 AM) *

I'm have interested in the car, and owner and I are talking. For my own benefit I do no wish to reveal what I found on my PPI.
carl s
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 29 2016, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(carl s @ Aug 29 2016, 12:06 AM) *

I'm have interested in the car, and owner and I are talking. For my own benefit I do no wish to reveal what I found on my PPI.

Oh, ok that's fair enough I spoke to the owner earlier today and he seems a nice chap, from my own research the chasis number is in the right range for an LE but Being half way across the world I am naturally cautious about buying something like this unseen without a second opinion :-(
Curious to see if you came across any stonechips that showed any orange through the black bumpers or sill covers !
JeffBowlsby
I would be very concerned about the cost to redo the interior, fix the A/C holes and rebuild the engine, considering the hyd lifters and cam change. In its current condition it will not accept the original FI and performance will be in the gutter. A full on engine build is needed to rectify.
My 914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 29 2016, 06:58 PM) *

I would be very concerned about the cost to redo the interior, fix the A/C holes and rebuild the engine, considering the hyd lifters and cam change. In its current condition it will not accept the original FI and performance will be in the gutter. A full on engine build is needed to rectify.

Can you elaborate on the comment you made about the interior? Is it something specific you noticed in the pictures or a more general concern about the overall appearance/quality.

Van
JeffBowlsby
"yes" to all those things. Its all marginal and will need replacement.
87m491
What is so "very concerning"? Is the car not driveable or enjoyable in its current "marginal" state?!

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 29 2016, 02:58 PM) *

Mikey914
I think he's trying to say as a collectable LE, it would be a chunk of change to put it right. FI would be correct, and you would probably be looing at splitting the case, might as well do a rebuild, and your into the FI goodies for about 800-1000???
So not displaying as an LE and with some motor work you would be maybe another 8-10k +.
If you like it drive it and let someone else do the work, LE will add a premium to the value of the car if it's correct.
iwanta914-6
If I were going to buy it. I would leave it as is, get the COA, and if it is a LE then slowly bring it back while continuing to drive and enjoy it. Maybe in 5-10 years it would be in full can-am livery again along with FI and correct interior bits. Then continue to drive and enjoy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.