Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6.5s under standard rear arches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
23e Heure
I am planning to send my car to a shop over the winter to have GT arches welded, and then it will be rolling on 7s and 8s... or 8s and 9s (I am still pondering that choice).

In the meantime I have already got local buyers waiting to take the set of 6x15 fuchs that are currently fitted to the car.

In the meantime a friend has offered to lend me a set of steelies to roll the car on.
This will only be to drive the car a couple of hundred miles between home and the shops doing the work.

The fronts would be 5.5x15, so no worries there.

But the rears he is offering are 6.5x15s. Offset is 36. And they are fitted with 195/60 rubber. So the question is: w

Would they rub the standard narrow rear arches? If so, only a tiny bit? Or lots?

As I'm cutting the arches over the winter I am not too worried by rubbing those a bit.
But I would worry about trashing my buddies tyres!

The loan wheels are a 2 hours round trip from me, so I can't just fit and try them out, hence me askig the Oracle of the forum.

Thanks guys!
mepstein
I'm willing to bet you are good. Especially since you have the ability to tweak the fender lip if you are close. A 195x60 tire probably won't bulge like a 205. If you want to be sure, try the steelies before you sell your wheels. You will need shorter lug bolts for the steel wheels if you have bolts. If you have nuts your fine.
GeorgeRud
Actually, if you have alloy lug nuts (as used with Fuchs), you will need to get steel lugnuts with open ends as the alloy one may not seat the steel wheels completely.
mepstein
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 24 2016, 11:42 AM) *

Actually, if you have alloy lug nuts (as used with Fuchs), you will need to get steel lugnuts with open ends as the alloy one may not seat the steel wheels completely.

agree.gif better to be prepared and the steel ones are cheap.
23e Heure
Thanks guys.

Re the open ended lugnuts this provides me with an excuse to actually buy some.
They look cooler than the closed ones and will suit the llok when I get the falres and wider wheels on (will run with no centre caps on the wider wheels either etc.)
jcd914
I have a 71 with 195/60 15s on 7 inch Cookie Cutters on the rear, with about 1/4 inch clearance.

The fender lips were rolled, very low ride height with probably close to 2 degrees negative camber in the rear.

I don't recall the offset of 7 inch Cookie Cutters.

Jim
Racer
7x15 cookies have an ET (offset) of 23

6x15 cookies or fuchs have an ET of 36.

A 6.5 with a 36ET should be ok. Back in the day a 6.5 x15 minilite was a nice upgrade for the "narrow" body 914 and 911s.
914forme
QUOTE(Racer @ Aug 24 2016, 08:08 PM) *

7x15 cookies have an ET (offset) of 23

6x15 cookies or fuchs have an ET of 36.

A 6.5 with a 36ET should be ok. Back in the day a 6.5 x15 minilite was a nice upgrade for the "narrow" body 914 and 911s.

agree.gif

Used to run Minilites on a narrow 914, worked like a charm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.