Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wanted to borrow for testing purpose:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DRPHIL914
I have a replacement harness that seems to have developed a short at one of the injector connectors- trying to get it all sorted out before we leave for Okteenerfest in a month and this is really bugging me! I am hoping to for sure rule it out/in by trying a known good FI harness in place of mine -

thanks -

Phil
JeffBowlsby
Hi Phil, Those female contacts on the harness can loosen up over time, especially if they are wiggled around. Its very easy to remove them from their housing and tighten up their grip with a set of pliers.

DRPHIL914
jeff

Thanks for the information, I took your advice and I did this with the one I suspected and I think that issue was eliminated, however im still getting a buck above 4000 rpm and an intermittent change in the A/f reading that feels like slight hesitation. - I replaced the fuel pump yesterday as it was really making a lot of noise and I think it may have beenon its last leg - new one very quiet, fuel pressure steady and car ran and idle steady last night. I hope to do a better test drive tonight. - the only other thing I can think of would be the CHT connection is not perfect, or the MPS is going- it holds vac but could it be failing? yesterday earlier vefore changing the pump I had a hesitation and the A/F meter went much more rich , like a 9.0 whereas with the previous connection issue on the injector it would do the opposite.
- I will be sending 2 MPS your way for eval- if you have one , a043 for a '75, 2.0 I would take it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.