Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15 greatest mid-engine Porsches ever made
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Dragon 914
Anyone see the article in the PCA newsletter? I know the fours had a lousy reputation but the 914-6 GT had a pretty good track record considering it beat the 911s at Le Mans in 1970 and placed 6th overall if I remember correctly.

There was a shirt a long time ago that had a 550, 917 and 914 that said something like Porsche makes cars without mid-engines but who cares.
billh1963
QUOTE(Sea Dragon 914 @ Aug 24 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Anyone see the article in the PCA newsletter? I know the fours had a lousy reputation but the 914-6 GT had a pretty good track record considering it beat the 911s at Le Mans in 1970 and placed 6th overall if I remember correctly.

There was a shirt a long time ago that had a 550, 917 and 914 that said something like Porsche makes cars without mid-engines but who cares.

Saw that...was rather underwhelmed as I usually am with most "clickbait" site Top Lists. I can see how the Boxster made the list since it was a high volume model (like the 914) and brought in revenue at a needed time. However, listing the new Cayman GT4 is premature. Same goes for listing the latest race cars.

How they could not include the 914-6 is beyond me.
Cracker
Being a "914" strikes again...in this regard, it will never change.

T

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 24 2016, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Sea Dragon 914 @ Aug 24 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Saw that...was rather underwhelmed as I usually am with most "clickbait" site Top Lists. I can see how the Boxster made the list since it was a high volume model (like the 914) and brought in revenue at a needed time. However, listing the new Cayman GT4 is premature. Same goes for listing the latest race cars.

How they could not include the 914-6 is beyond me.

jim_hoyland
Pics:
jim_hoyland
Mas:
jim_hoyland
And:
jim_hoyland
My pick for 16th place... smile.gif
Racer
910s are my favorite...

Click to view attachment
Porschef
Hmmmmm......

Not sure about the one on the hood, Jim....

Just saying... blink.gif
RRietman
I have a t-shirt that says" Porsche made cars after 1965, but who cares". I think you can still get them on the 356 registry goodie store.
Randy
Sea Dragon 914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 24 2016, 05:56 PM) *

Where can I buy headlights like those for my cars?! Looks like a nice aftermarket addition.
Perry Kiehl Clone
I guess that whole Le Mans and Nurburgring thingie the 914 did in 1970 wasn't that big of a deal. I'm guessing they didn't look on the internet
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ Aug 25 2016, 07:19 PM) *

I guess that whole Le Mans and Nurburgring thingie the 914 did in 1970 wasn't that big of a deal. I'm guessing they didn't look on the internet

Good point...there are some great shots of Le Mans 914s
jim_hoyland
And there is the poster.....
wes

Hey Jim I can't help but wonder what the girls look like now!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(wes @ Aug 26 2016, 02:28 PM) *

Hey Jim I can't help but wonder what the girls look like now!

The good news is they may have aged; but the cars look the same.... smile.gif And, just driving a 914 can put your back to those early years
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.