Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration design has /6 heat exchangers now?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I see they have one side listed at $1350. Anybody know anything about these?http://www.restoration-design.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/PP031-1.jpg
mepstein
Stoddard no longer has the dansk exclusive.
mb911
Is that per side?
Cairo94507
I would bet that is per side.
Mark Henry
They must be updating their site right this moment, both sides are up now.

Talking to Pete a month ago there are many new things on the way, their product line is expanding.
They already deal with Dansk so no real surprise.
The boys are serious about being in the biz for the long haul.
Mark Henry
They just listed SSI/dansk 2.0 /4 exchangers as well.

I already let Pete know that the description is wrong.
flmont
I would like to see them for suby sixes,..that would be sweet...
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Aug 24 2016, 07:01 PM) *

I would like to see them for suby sixes,..that would be sweet...

Suby's are water cooled and all pretty different. So you don't need heat exchangers but typically some sort of custom exhaust.
sixaddict
So correct Stoddard is no longer exclusive ...DC Automotive also has then . Recently they had a set on Fleebay for a BIN price of $2300 ( 1300 was one side)
Not sure how this will play out but this makes it achievable.
Understand early ones were bad but purportedly better.
flmont
Well,. yes I know they are water cooled,..Iam just thinking the heat could be blown in the cabin just as easy as the original set-up
rick 918-S
QUOTE(flmont @ Aug 25 2016, 12:10 AM) *

Well,. yes I know they are water cooled,..Iam just thinking the heat could be blown in the cabin just as easy as the original set-up

I like the idea but any covering over the exhaust on a water cooled Suby could make an already head gasket failure pronged engine worse. May be worth a try though.
flmont
Yea,..I didn't think about that ,..but whats the caymen/boxster set-up like,.. how are they heated,..?? most likely heater core in the dash,..like American cars..??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.