Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canadian show is ON!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
The show is going ahead, it will be August 21st, the official announcement will be in about a week. Insurance is now in place and the porta-potties are reserved.

WE NEED A NAME any suggestions, must be sort of generic VW/Porsche. Can’t have VW/Porsche in the title. The date will be our (my) final decision but is there any conflict that you know of???

It will be an all years VW and Porsche show, that way we might get some dealer involvement.

We will be looking for volunteers.
rick 918-S
Euro-car Classic..
scotty914
aircooled showdown would peak interest, any thing with showdown makes people think they are going to see action

aircooled mania / german aircooled mania

german aircooled get together sounds generic but thats what you said

or simple... euro air

Mark Henry
If it's "Aircooled something" I will go for the shameless self-promotion and call it "Mark's AIRCOOLED FESTIVAL" or showdown...something like that.

BUT you lose the water-cooled crowd...I want it big and successful....BTW I have 20 acre's to hold this on. If it's successful it could become a yearly event.
davep
How about 'Great Lakes' something? You are on the middle of the north shore of Lake Ontario. That would attract people from all around the lake and down into Michigan perhaps. People from New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Quebec would find it within a reasonable distance.

I'll also stake claim to the 'Boonies Bash' while I'm at it.
Mark Henry
QUOTE (davep @ Apr 14 2005, 12:43 PM)

I'll also stake claim to the 'Boonies Bash' while I'm at it.

'Boonies Bash' laugh.gif
GWN7
"Snow Fest" (track fees are optional) biggrin.gif
riverman
Can you call them P-cars and V-wagens?
freezing14
euro fest is a bit too general,,, but something like the german fest, or stugg-fest, or ferdinand fest, or etc,,
SLITS
Technik Fest Der Fähre.......

NARP Canucks On Parade......

Deutsches Geschwindigkeit Technik-Festival

Deutsche Windsucker Partei

Porsche Traumfabrik

Edit: PS..I'll volunteer...where in hell or Quebec is Port Hope?
Flat VW
Canuck Vo-Po Show, perhaps, slap.gif

John
ArtechnikA
i presume at an all-years event the water VW's will be present - probably even prominent. certainly WaterFest in my part of the world drawn MANY VW's and Audi's.

"Maple Leaf" something, perhaps...

Maple Leaf German Auto Fest maybe - if the California guys haven't trademarked "German Auto Fest" ...

"Festivale Voiture Allemand" ?
Mark Henry
QUOTE (freezing14 @ Apr 14 2005, 01:26 PM)
euro fest is a bit too general,,, but something like the german fest, or stugg-fest, or ferdinand fest, or etc,,

Thought about "Ferdinand’s fest"...... how about “Ferdinand’s Feast” and include lunch with admission.

German Auto Fest or Canadian German Auto Fest ?

Most Canadians won’t have a clue about a show with a duetch (sp?) show title.

Need to make it with the old KISS principle.
freezing14
Feast??? HHUUUUMMMM what kind of food,, beer.gif might be complicated to get a liquor ;liscense, unless ???,, i think to use ferdinand something is good will keep it to P and W wagen,, liquid or air,, fest, feast, or some combo looks cool, not sure about feast, people might confuse it for a food fest!!!! headbang.gif
michel richard

"Doctor P's wheel-fest"

or "Doctor P's" something.
michel richard
QUOTE (freezing14 @ Apr 14 2005, 11:23 AM)
i think to use ferdinand something is good

Freddy's Feast ?

That would certainly draw a different crowd !
jwalters
biggrin.gif

" NABOOBIES-4-U "
Mark Henry
How about the "The VW/Porsche Show that we can't mention VW or Porsche in the title since this free advertising could get us sued...Show"

biggrin.gif
CptTripps
Great Lakes...er...um...

...I got nothin. sad.gif
freezing14
may be the canadian Pcar classic, or PW car classic or show or fest, or Weissac canadian classic or stuggart classic, or show or fest combo!!!
nickg
northern exposure smilie_pokal.gif i
SLITS
Sgt. Preston Of The Yukon's German Car Festival
davep
Okay, so we have a party in Ontario. Anyone else in Canada want to volunteer to host a local party? Give me a shout if you do.

Any Canadian members that have not been in contact with me directly should email me with contact information. That way, you will be contacted about any party in your area. There is about 109 folks on my list already.
hbdavies
davep - sent email with my info.
Mark - I'm Peterborough so Port Hope is just down the road so the show is great. I might even be able to help out depending on what kind of skills you need. I'm generally one level beyond breathing. clap.gif
Sparky
The Great White North-Aircooled Take off, eh!!

Aircooled Kraft Dinner Classic

The Took's PorDub Classic

givemebeer.gif
Garland
CCC
CENTRAL CANADIAN CLASSIC

OCC
ONTARIO CANADIAN CLASSIC

Mark Henry
QUOTE (Garland @ Apr 16 2005, 12:50 AM)
CCC
CENTRAL CANADIAN CLASSIC

OCC
ONTARIO CANADIAN CLASSIC

Those are good and I still like Ferdinand’s fest….. idea.gif

Got till the end of the weekend. headbang.gif
MecGen
Hi Mark
Count me in, from Quebec.
Where, when, how, the usual stuff ?
Maybe take advantage of our Canadian reputation...
call it the "Great Canadian Bake-off"... cool_shades.gif
I bet you a lot of people will come, most can't drive...

I'm there no matter what its called, what type of help do you need? I will try to take a few days off, or time it with my vacation, if you need a hand. PM me

Regards
Joe

beerchug.gif
MecGen
Hey Guys
Everone who lives within the map, can do it for a weekend. Regards

Mark Henry
Sunday August 21, 2005

My place in Elizabethville, just over an hour east of Toronto. 15 minutes north of Port Hope (and the 401 hwy), Ontario.

We already have 3 volunteers from the club and several buddies and customers have also said that they will help.
Volunteers will mostly deal with gate duties and then maybe some car judging.

Volunteers will also be invited to camp the night before and get in on the staff campfire.

Charles from LN Engineering may come, but it's not long before his wife's due date, so he might have to bail at the last minute.

BTW we are in the heart of the major summer tourism part of Ontario, minutes from fishing, camping, swimming, boating (pick a lake…in the hundreds) and much more. Camping, bed and breakfast’s and hotels all within 30 minutes of the show.

Mark Henry
Sunday August 21, 2005

My place in Elizabethville, just over an hour east of Toronto. 15 minutes north of Port Hope (and the 401 hwy), Ontario.

We already have 3 volunteers from the club and several buddies and customers have also said that they will help.
Volunteers will mostly deal with gate duties and then maybe some car judging.

Volunteers will also be invited to camp the night before and get in on the staff campfire.

Charles from LN Engineering may come, but it's not long before his wife's due date, so he might have to bail at the last minute.

BTW we are in the heart of the major summer tourism part of Ontario, minutes from fishing (on your own or charters, boat rentals 10min from my door), camping, swimming, boating (pick a lake…in the hundreds), trail's and much more. Camping, bed and breakfast’s and hotels all within 30 minutes of the show.
BatFromHell
Mark:
"Great Canadian Beer Fest" (If not already taken). Get Molson to sponsor. Everyone will show up. If they drive to event in a Porsche or VW, bonus! We'll judge them!
Count me in as a volunteer. PM me any other particulars I need to know but weekend of Aug 20-21 in Elizabethville (Port Hope) is locked in. May want to start talking to local hotel/motel, restaurant and business owners when we have better idea of numbers in order to get a preferred rate for club members or local sponsorship.

serge914
QUOTE (BatFromHell @ Apr 17 2005, 02:47 PM)
Get Molson to sponsor.

Isn't Ontario Sleeman territory ?
Mark Henry
Do you think “The Canadian Por’ Volks Festival” would get us in trouble with the Porsche/VW lawyers?

No alcohol allowed (insurance regulation) so I don’t know if we can get a beer sponsorship.
aveale
Hey mark,

count me in.

normally I would volunteer in advance but i will be having baby around that time.

count me in!

T

redshift
huh.gif

Canadia? How about "the nobody gives a crap cause we are living in the north pole with santa claus caazknucklehead 1st annual VW mass hug".

laugh.gif

Hey, don't get mad! We'll close the border, then no more stolen sat tv for you!

unsure.gif

M
r_towle
Marks German Car Bash
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif

German Car Bash! Or, GermaBash CarMarkabob!

Ok, I'm leaving now, if a vote comes up, you know where I stand.

M
914 novice
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Apr 18 2005, 07:55 AM)
Do you think “The Canadian Por’ Volks Festival” would get us in trouble with the Porsche/VW lawyers?

No alcohol allowed (insurance regulation) so I don’t know if we can get a beer sponsorship.

Mark,
Did you check to see if a bar or pizza parlor was willing to run a beer garden(beer sale and consumption restricted to a certain area ,usually a large tent) and was willing to get their own insurance ?Would your insurance carrier allow that?Just a thought.
Paul
tracks914
QUOTE (r_towle @ Apr 19 2005, 05:46 PM)
Marks German Car Bash

I like it. beerchug.gif
And you get a bit of a plug too! cool_shades.gif
Do you think you might get some beemers showing up?
Dead Air
QUOTE (r_towle @ Apr 19 2005, 05:46 PM)
Marks German Car Bash

Canadia? How about "the nobody gives a crap cause we are living in the north pole with santa claus caazknucklehead 1st annual VW mass hug".

Hey, don't get mad! We'll close the border, then no more stolen sat tv for you!

[QUOTE] unsure.gif

I think "redshift" did all the BASHING necessary. smash.gif
Dead Air
Bash?
"To strike with a heavy, crushing blow: The thug bashed the hood of the car with a sledgehammer.
To beat or assault severely: The police arrested the men who bashed an immigrant in the park.
Informal. To criticize (another) harshly, accusatorially, and threateningly: “He bashed the... government unmercifully over the... spy affair” (Lally Weymouth). "
Some of the cars might be "collectable" sad.gif

"Ontario Air cooled auto show"
Rear Engined Spectacular Voux, voux, something, something
MecGen
Hi
You know I started a reply to that remark, and it doesn't merit a response.
Hey Mark, maybe try the restoraunt thing, I am sure it could be made to be profitable to a ....Pizzarea....Souvlaki joint....It might be harder to do in Ontario but here its doable....but each municipality has its own rules boldblue.gif
Maybe just warn the nearest beer store to stock up on paper bags...
Not the end of the world, but in the Aug sun, I could use a beer = cooler laugh.gif

I was thinking of leaving Friday eve, get into town about, 10pm, so I would need a hotel nearby the show, if you could PM me the recommended hotels, I would need one for Friday nite. My gilfriends jumping up and down at the camping idea, I think she has already packed the front trunk. Is this still on...?

Later...
Joe

beerchug.gif
914 novice
Marksaircooled.com presents the Central Canadian German Car Fest

Have you talked to local dealerships about bringing new cars to display.If you offered them this service they might promote your event in the weekly newspaper add .You would be surprised what local radio personalities would do for a couple of pizzas.Even if you can't have alchohol you could have a bikini contest.Beer distributors and professional sports teams will send out bud girls or cheerleaders to sign and give away posters.What about music?Do your radio stations do on site broadcasts? If you offer a portion of your profit to charity you could ask the supporters of this charity to volunteer.
Just throwing a few ideas out there,Paul
Good Luck Mark!
tracks914
Camping? w00t.gif
If I can find a good trailer hitch for the teener I can pull my 24' RV down to Port Hope for the weekend!

Hum....to get my car, trailer and truck all to the event at the same time..................
Dead Air
QUOTE (JoeSpark @ Apr 20 2005, 03:11 PM)
Hi
You know I started a reply to that remark, and it doesn't merit a response.
Hey Mark, maybe try the restoraunt thing, ...

[QUOTE]
What part bothered you, The "voux, voux"?
Here in Buffalo I'm certainly closer to you than So. Cal!
Believe you me, no offense intended. Our country is alot more devided than yours, OK?? unsure.gif
MecGen
Hi Dave
I type really slow, I wasn't responding to your post.
Really, it takes a lot more to offend me.
Buff is a long haul are you going to try it ?
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
Pnambic
Canadian has to have "ya, eh?" in it right? How 'bout:

"Mark's VoPo AutoFest - Lots of Cool Rides and Fun Times, ya, eh?"
IanStott
I am definitely looking forward to attending, have you any deals lined up with local Hotels?

Ian Stott
Moncton
aveale
port hope is a touristy joint.

lots of hotels around.

T

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.