Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temecula Wine Run 10-01-16
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
76-914
We did this last year and it was fun. Here is how it works. Meet at my place 11:00ish; Burgers & Nathan's Hot Dogs @ noon; hit the trail @ 12:30 - 1:00. Wine tour 1-4 or 5pm depending upon the crowds desire then head home. I want to visit Doffo's again as the guy is a gear head and has some neat vehicles on display. Other than that, I haven't a care about which ones make the itinerary as long as they have the Red Wines. The drought has made for some Heavenly Vino this year so try to make it. We'd like to see you.

Disclaimer: In that we live in the most litigious state in the union I feel compelled to display this warning. Somethings will surely contain chemicals that may harm a pregnant woman, the fetus or cause Cancer in most Rat's and some people. Also, this is a tour only and I am not promoting any DUI's. What and how much you drink is entirely your (or your significant others) decision. If your Gay and want to bring your significant other, do so. No opinions here. Or, if for instance, you have a smoking hot girl friend or wife that you'd like to show off, do so. Who can bring a Go Pro? driving.gif driving-girl.gif drunk.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif
Rain date = 10-8-16
Coondog
This could work for me and my Smokin Hot Wife.
Porschef
See? This is the kind of stuff that makes wish I still lived in Kali. dry.gif

wine.gif wine.gif w00t.gif
Elliot Cannon
They have wine in Temecula? av-943.gif poke.gif
76-914
Absolutely! We don't lift our pinkies out here in the boonies, however.
sb914
My smokin hot wife and I will try to make it again this year wine.gif smoke.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
Alphaogre
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 24 2016, 06:16 PM) *

They have wine in Temecula? av-943.gif poke.gif

It's only served from the finest boxes and plasticware... biggrin.gif

I think I might be able to make this one! I'll check and see.
'73-914kid
The wife and I should be good on this as well. Just ordered bearings for my motor, so should have the 914 back together in a couple of weeks.
76-914
icon_bump.gif Extended Wx forecast is looking great! driving.gif
PanelBilly
With enough wine, there all smoking hot
michael7810
I would love to drive over for this but my tranny is in the shop and not expected back until early October. If the rain date happens (not wishing rain on your parade) I'll have a chance. Next year for sure...
76-914
Don't let that stop ya, Michael. Drive what you have running. Besides, I already know what a nice car you have. If not we'll do it again in 6mo's. I try to do this in the spring, as well.
Toast
My very first ride in a 914 was on a Temecula run in the very 914 I own today. Circa 2002.
Coondog
Bumped to keep the interest going... beer3.gif
bernbomb914
as a resident for over 40 yrs. if you haven't visited Temecula Wine country you have missed the best part of so cal. over 100 wineries to visit and taste award wining wines
eric9144
As much as I'd love to go on this, have another baby on the way, due in Nov. piratenanner.gif

Keeps my membership strong in the "slackers" thread poke.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Sep 12 2016, 10:18 AM) *

as a resident for over 40 yrs. if you haven't visited Temecula Wine country you have missed the best part of so cal. over 100 wineries to visit and taste award wining wines

OK, I like wine...but how are the roads for driving?
Cuda911
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 12 2016, 03:53 PM) *

Fantastic roads and wineries in Temecula. If we can make it, we will be there.
76-914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 12 2016, 03:53 PM) *

Glad you brought that up, Michael. If enough are interested we can do a pre-lunch run. I found a nice road in my own backyard. Close enough that we could leave here at 10 and be back in time to fire up the grille for lunch. As far as the regular winery roads; they're the typical back country roads but traffic restricts speed. beerchug.gif
76-914
If your planning on attending, pipe up. I need a head count for groceries. Kent beerchug.gif
Coondog
I am out, gotta work.... sad.gif
76-914
No worries. We do it again in the spring. beerchug.gif
phatnine11
Kent,
Please put me down for 1, the wife needs to check her work schedule and my join us. I might not have a Porsche for the event, but I'll try to bring something that can keep up.
Thanks for the invite!
Cesar
mkinne
Long time lurker, extreme rare poster here shades.gif
Myself + wife planning to attend assuming schedule stays open.

My car needs to get out on the road with other 914s driving.gif

-Matt
76-914
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Sep 22 2016, 09:50 AM) *

Kent,
Please put me down for 1, the wife needs to check her work schedule and my join us. I might not have a Porsche for the event, but I'll try to bring something that can keep up.
Thanks for the invite!
Cesar

Great. Hey Cesar, I returned your call but I guess you figured it out by then. Drive whatever is running.

QUOTE(mkinne @ Sep 22 2016, 12:48 PM) *

Long time lurker, extreme rare poster here shades.gif
Myself + wife planning to attend assuming schedule stays open.

My car needs to get out on the road with other 914s driving.gif

-Matt

Great, we look forward to meeting ya'll. beerchug.gif
914GT
I was in Temecula over Labor Day weekend for my niece's wedding. Did a wine tour and all of us had a great time. On the way back to Tucson took SR 79 through Julian on down to I-8. That was a beautiful drive on a nice highway, with lots of twists and turns that made me wish I had my 914. Maybe sometime I can make it back out for your wine run. Sounds like a lot of fun.
76-914
We look forward to seeing you one day. Just checked the 10 day forecast and we're looking at a high of 83F. piratenanner.gif
olsib914
If I can sneak off work, Kim and I will be there.
yet another Mike

914-300Hemi
Count me and my wife in. Will bring a Porsche but don't know if the teener will be off jadkstands by then. In the process of doing a complete brake overall.

76-914
QUOTE(olsib914 @ Sep 24 2016, 07:18 AM) *

yet another Mike

Hey cool Mike. See you next week.

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Sep 24 2016, 08:05 AM) *

Count me and my wife in. Will bring a Porsche but don't know if the teener will be off jadkstands by then. In the process of doing a complete brake overall.

Hey Ravi, You guys better attend! biggrin.gif
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 24 2016, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(olsib914 @ Sep 24 2016, 07:18 AM) *

yet another Mike

Hey cool Mike. See you next week.

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Sep 24 2016, 08:05 AM) *

Hey Ravi, You guys better attend! biggrin.gif

We will attend We are looking forward to it

76-914
icon_bump.gif for this Saturday!
'73-914kid
Sandy and I are out.. looks like we're driving to Davis to visit her sister instead. Yay... dry.gif
76-914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 26 2016, 01:22 PM) *

Sandy and I are out.. looks like we're driving to Davis to visit her sister instead. Yay... dry.gif

You'd better say yay and "Thank you" too. Your a married man now. Just remember "Happy wife=Happy Life. biggrin.gif
phatnine11
Kent,
Have you put together an Itinerary for this Saturday? Also, your home addie would be great!
Cesar
PS: Ethan, get use to the YAY!
eric9144
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Sep 26 2016, 06:41 PM) *

PS: Ethan, get use to the YAY!

lol-2.gif av-943.gif Yes Ethan, get used to that, my wife's pregnant and pukes on any twisty road regardless of the vehicle, YAY!
Lennies914
I would love to see the agenda (if there is one). My wife and I will be down there doing the limo/wine tasting thing looking for a venue for our Daughter's wedding. We might cross paths. confused24.gif
76-914
PM's sent with my address. If you plan to attend and didn't receive my contact info, tell me. Lennie, you will be busy, busy but try to make it. The wineries on Rancho California road will be marquis and priced accordingly. Many of the smaller wineries, and some say better, are more accommodating and tranquil. Be sure to check those out as well. Be sure to check out Doffo's for your own entertainment. He's a gear head! beerchug.gif Kent
effutuo101
We can't make it. Have to work and still trying to get stuff done.
olsib914
No rest for the wicked..gotta work instead..maybe in the spring
Palmer
phatnine11
Bump, Bump!!
mkinne
Still planning to be there.
See y'all tomorrow.

-M
VegasRacer
So ? ? ? ? confused24.gif Where are the photos ? ? ?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Toast
agree.gif
914-300Hemi
Thank you Kent for hosting us and feeding us. We had a great time and just got home.
Click to view attachment
mkinne
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 1 2016, 08:56 PM) *

Thank you Kent for hosting us and feeding us. We had a great time ...

agree.gif
... and great to meet you all.
Will definitely keep an eye open for future gatherings

-M
76-914
Last time we were amazed at all of the old bikes in the public display. We were hanging in the same area so Matt had time to take them in when a gentleman opens a near by door and invites us in. He quickly closed the door after we were inside. This is where the MC's that have been restored are kept. I guess the "cool bikes" outside have yet to see the restorer.
OK. Finally discovered where the pic's are on this MAC. Bare with me, I haven't learned how to downsize them yet. Enjoy.
76-914
con't

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.