Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First blood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
Ok newbie here, I have just purchased a 73/74 914-1.7. Yes, that's right, 2 cars in one. The back half a silver '73, the front half a Delfi green '74. You have seen the excellent metal work posted here by the previous owner.
Anyway, my first day working on the car, I am going through all the boxes of parts trying to figure out what is what and where to start. Not knowing anything about 914s, I wanted to look at the engine bay so I located the pull, and as I am pulling I move my head towards the engine compartment and BAM! the screen comes up and smacks me square in the forehead, first blood, my 914 has initiated me!
boxsterfan
welcome.png

It won't be your last blood either. laugh.gif
sb914
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JustinMeier
Welcome! I'm not the new guy anymore, awesome. beerchug.gif
Madswede
That's a cool story and thread idea. I think my first blood came when I tried to stop that lid from smacking open for the umpteenth time, was too late again, and spasmodically jerked my hand right into the latch. Ouch. lol-2.gif

Oh and welcome.png
Elliot Cannon
I cut off one of the torsion bars that snaps the lid up. Now when I pull the release, the lid comes up slowly about 2 inches. I lift it the rest of the way by hand. Try it. biggrin.gif
porschetub
add the "holy grail" rain tray and it will go slower...whoops mine is converted for a -6 maybe that why its like a reverse rat trap laugh.gif laugh.gif
JawjaPorsche
I always use two hands. My right is on top of hood while pulling with my left.
Shadowfax
welcome.png
76-914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 25 2016, 02:29 AM) *

I always use two hands. My right is on top of hood while pulling with my left.

Yep, Joe Sharp pointed that out to me awhile back.
PanelBilly
Another Blood Brother

Welcome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.