Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 914 1.7 seeking sale advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tbone425
So I put some tough thought into it today and I believe I'm at peace with selling my 71 to fund (and make room for) my GT build. Anyone have experience with BAT they would share? Aside from here and pelican, any other suggestions? How about valuation tools? Thinking I'll get an appraisal and PPI done.

Tried to post a pic. Too big I guess?
andrewvolsen
I've sold a couple of cars through BAT. I liked the service. There will be a few hundred bucks in fees if I remember correctly. I would sell your 914 through them if you don't believe you can get what you want for it selling through the forum, craigslist, etc. Including a ton of high resolution pictures and actively responsing to questions during the auction will help the car sell.
iwanta914-6
If you are looking to get top dollar without having to deal with people haggling you on your asking price, BAT seems to be the way to go.
Tbone425
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 26 2016, 09:18 AM) *

If you are looking to get top dollar without having to deal with people haggling you on your asking price, BAT seems to be the way to go.

That was kind of my thought as well. I figured that if I get a PPI, take a ton of pics, and maybe get a COA (it's numbers matching), and set a realistic reserve, the market will tell me what it's worth. It has a few issues that should be addresses to make it 100% but nothing that really bothered me enough to make a priority. It has records dating back to new, all manuals and dealer warranty books. When I bought it the tires were dry from age but still had the hairs on them LOL! The lady who bought it new went to High school with my mother-in-law.
Perry Kiehl Clone
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.