Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bcheney
Pretty nice -6. Is it true about the grey bottom and lower firewall? I guess I don't remember reading authenticity articles about that...it's what happens as we get older! Some cool detailed photos.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6/
gereed75
Really nice car. Nicer than the Mecum car IMHO. Hope it brings the $$ for the seller

I had thought we were seeing a bit of a retraction in selling prices for these very nice examples, but this and the Mecum car seem to indicate otherwise.
Fubawu
Stunning car, I noticed the strut tower hardware was sprayed orange. Seems odd for a car with such high detail.
Perry Kiehl Clone
Is that Dean Vanni's car?
dlkawashima
I belive it's owned by George Eshaghian. It was at the first Werks Reunion.
Racer
imho, the gray isn't right. and yes, it lacks the black on the front shock tower mount area.. and orange taillights.. and maybe some other things. Looks nice and is certainly a nice example.. but if you are going to restore a car that can now recover the cost to restore, may as well go all the way.
geshaghi
Hi guys,
Thanks for the comments. Regarding the grey undercoating, we stripped the car including the floors (which are original) and it appeared that original material was grey and it didn't look like there was body color other than overspray on the underside. There were varying opinions about whether this was correct, but we went with what appeared to have been done previously. On the body color on the shock towers, this was an error on our part, and when it was pointed out, I was really pressing to get the car finished in time for the local PCA concours in 2014, with the intention of addressing it afterwards. We then decided to take the car to the 2014 Werks Reunion, and it just never got done. There are a few nits to make the car more correct, some of which have been noted here previously and some of which have been raised over on BaT, but all relatively minor and I'd be happy to take care of these for the next owner. Auction ends today. Thanks
George
gereed75
Really nice car,,,,,,, did not meet reserve at $75,000.00
mountainroads
Auction stalled @ $75K and no action at the end. (Which was a surprise to us, ummm... supposedly "informed" viewers.) Didn't meet reserve.

As someone who is personally involved in a -6 restoration, the price didn't shock me. The old adage that it's almost always cheaper to buy somebody else's restoration is very true. The *ONLY* advantage to doing your own restoration is you have complete control over what is done to the car. Oh yeah, your own restoration will always take longer.

- MR
geshaghi
Did not meet reserve, which was well below the recent Mecum sale, and the lack of activity at the end kind of surprised me. Appreciate all the comments.
2mAn
I was shocked it didnt sell. Gorgeous car
Cairo94507
Very nice car and surprised it did not sell. The Porsche buyers must have been on break. The little minor things that could be addressed on that car are exactly that, little and minor.
geshaghi
This car will be offered NO RESERVE at Gooding's Scottsdale sale in January.
http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1970-porsche-9146/
Mikey914
Beautiful car wish I had the cash!
geshaghi
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 28 2016, 12:01 AM) *

Beautiful car wish I had the cash!

Thanks. A lot of your 914rubber parts were used in the restoration.
Car is going no reserve, so might take less cash than you think.
Jett
smile.gif the car is amazing, great job!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.