Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914-6 conversion ENGINE TIN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Catorse
So there is something weird going on in the engine tin universe. There is ONE GUY who makes the metal repro tin, and to my knowledge, supplies it to Rich Johnson, Patrick Motorsports, and Pelican.

This guy is MIA. I have already had my money refunded by Patrick, and have an order with Rich, who will most likely have to issue a refund as well.

Yes, I know Mark Epstein has an original set for 1K.

I am looking for leads on REPRO engine tin. Can be used, I can powdercoat.

need it ASAP, have a motor waiting to go in the car and can't.....

I also looked into the getty FG repro. Crickets over there....

Any help appreciated!
Luke M
I have a new set. I'll pm you later tonight on this.
bdstone914
I have a set from GPR which is still around. See the banner ad on this site
mb911
I will be making a few sets in a couple weeks and selling fairly cheap if you can wait. Pm me if interested.
Catorse
Luke,

I am a buyer! Thank you!

Bruce, i should have thought of you. My 2nd choice would be the FG stuff over the metal.

MB, I can't wait any longer. This is the tail end of a 13 month resto and this is the only items stopping me from moving fwd.

Thanks to all who posted!
forrestkhaag
I am also a buyer of a decent tin set / not original or pristine and can be in need of minor straightening, flattening, tweaking, and refinishing.... however, please consider that I was forced into retirement after laying off 22 employees in this robust " recovery" with no pension and forced to be living in a tiny one bedroom house near a major four lane highway and stuck on a fixed income which is dwindling every so quickly due to this 3.0 6 debacle I am knee deep into. blink.gif blink.gif

But I am a buyer.....
brownaar
Found this.

http://www.stoddard.com/sic106esm.html
Krieger
QUOTE(brownaar @ Aug 28 2016, 10:42 AM) *

Those look like the ones I bought used. They work just fine.
Catorse
So far I have a line on a set, thanks guys.

Krieger / brownaar, i am pretty sure these are the same ones made by the ONE GUY who makes them and has decided not to return calls or emails. It's really frustrating!
db9146
Too bad that Restoration Design hasn't decided to make the replacement tin. They could include the openings for the heat tubes and the radiused raised areas to look just like the factory tin.

Do we need to start an email campaign?
raynekat
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 28 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Too bad that Restoration Design hasn't decided to make the replacement tin that has the openings for the heat tubes and the radiused raised areas to look just like the factory tin.

Is this something RD plans on making in the future?
McMark
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 29 2016, 02:11 AM) *

QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 28 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Too bad that Restoration Design hasn't decided to make the replacement tin that has the openings for the heat tubes and the radiused raised areas to look just like the factory tin.

Is this something RD plans on making in the future?

I'm not RD, so I don't know what they plan or don't plan. But I would say it's possible.
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
mb911
I will be making sets in the very near future to fill the void. I should have samples on my door in the next couple of days. I will be selling them pre powdercoated so end user won't have to worry about Doing that.
raynekat
Ben, I'll definitely be interested in a set of your 914-6 engine tins.
I will need the warm arm tube installed in the passenger side as I have a MFI engine going in and it needs the warm air to run correctly.

I can send you the sheet metal part I have from a 911 engine that you can use if that would help?
It is a 1" piece of tubing.

When you do your 1-5/8" heat exchangers which I also want a set, I'll need a similar 1" tube welded into the HE just as the 911 MFI engines had.

Hopefully you'll be able to help me with both (engine tin and HE's).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
a914guy
I can help with sets if anyone is still looking. There's been a bit of a disconnect the between builder and suppliers over the last month or so.

Rich
a914guy@aol.com
214-796-2895
forrestkhaag
Warm air tube? It just got up to 87 today in Laguna and we are sweltering over here.

I deleted the heater stuff and went to headers on purpose (and made the drive to Flagstaff in a blizzard ...in flip-flops) so i am interested in a tin set w/o any provision for heater ducting.

If heater ducts are there, I can fab around it. I am a buyer at a fair price in any event.

beerchug.gif
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Sep 1 2016, 06:37 PM) *

Warm air tube? It just got up to 87 today in Laguna and we are sweltering over here.

I deleted the heater stuff and went to headers on purpose (and made the drive to Flagstaff in a blizzard ...in flip-flops) so i am interested in a tin set w/o any provision for heater ducting.

If heater ducts are there, I can fab around it. I am a buyer at a fair price in any event.

beerchug.gif

Warm air tube....MFI
raynekat
QUOTE(396 @ Sep 1 2016, 06:54 PM) *

Warm air tube....MFI

Exactly.....MFI.

But I'll want heat and defrost as well up here in Oregon.
mb911
I think riches sets come with now heat provisions.. Mine will come with heat provisions as the plan is to market with my upcoming 1-5/8 heat exchangers.
a914guy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 2 2016, 03:17 AM) *

I think riches sets come with now heat provisions.. Mine will come with heat provisions as the plan is to market with my upcoming 1-5/8 heat exchangers.

Correct. My sets are the sets that have been made since Dave Sheppard and team at GPR were distributing them many years ago. The heat options for conversions come into play about 30-40% of the time so in many cases the two holes were not desired. Certainly it's easier to add them than delete them.
bdstone914
I contacted GPR and they have repo metal sets in stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.