Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB nos passenger compartment light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Next
I know I have seen a few searches for these before and as I recall they are VERY hard to find. But, with that said if anyone has a perfect used original or nos unit that is not cracked and exactly as the one in my pics, I'm interested and understanding that it will likely not be cheap. What have you? Any sitting in the back of the shelf?

Thanks!

Steve

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
KeithVonLaws
There is one for sale on The Samba right now....FYI
I think its 150.00.....kinda steep but you get what you pay for.
914Next
QUOTE(KeithVonLaws @ Aug 28 2016, 12:56 AM) *

There is one for sale on The Samba right now....FYI
I think its 150.00.....kinda steep but you get what you pay for.

Thanks. I looked but did not see....but I'm not too familiar with the Samba.

Mark (mepstein) did have a used one in very good condition that I'm buying. Thanks Mark!

Might be interested in a nos one if one is available as I have a bud who is looking for the same.

Steve
Niklas
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELLA-Innenraumleu...58AAOSwVL1WDi3i

Will this work?
KeithVonLaws
The new ones I have bought in the recent past that are NOS did not have the Chrome around the lens. I have one of those new in the box. If anyone else needs a really nice original I have one of those also.

-Keith
914Next
QUOTE(Niklas @ Aug 28 2016, 01:29 PM) *

Thanks. I was looking for the exact em/nos version. mepsstein came up with this for me. Not nos but looks very nice!

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
no bulb melt. looks nice!
mepstein
I would use an led bulb in these lights. Runs cool so no damage to the plastic like a stock bulb.
boxstr
This is the best I could come up with. Not nos and probably for a Vw.
Craig at CAMP
914Next
QUOTE(boxstr @ Aug 29 2016, 06:34 PM) *

This is the best I could come up with. Not nos and probably for a Vw.
Craig at CAMP

Thanks for checking Craig. I'm good to go with mepstein's since it exactly the same as the original one on my car. Yours is in great condition but the switch on mine is like mepstein's.

Steve
rgalla9146
How about this ? $150.
Contrary to popular belief Hella was not the only supplier.
elec. connections same as Hella
Better in person than in photos
mepstein
Back from dropping off my daughter at college. Will go out tomorrow. I told Steve if he's not 100% happy with the light, return it for a full refund. No expiration date. It's not like these are getting cheaper so neither of us will loose. I wasn't going to sell this piece but I know Steve wants his car to look nice.
914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 30 2016, 09:15 PM) *

Back from dropping off my daughter at college. Will go out tomorrow. I told Steve if he's not 100% happy with the light, return it for a full refund. No expiration date. It's not like these are getting cheaper so neither of us will loose. I wasn't going to sell this piece but I know Steve wants his car to look nice.

Much appreciated Mark!
914Next

Just got back from a business trip, Marl and the light had arrived. It looks great. You're correct its not NOS but in VERY nice shape. I'd actually prefer that the part look very clean but also still look like the rest of the car.... which shows just a bit of 43 years of use.

Thanks again,

Steve
mepstein
QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 3 2016, 02:54 PM) *

Just got back from a business trip, Marl and the light had arrived. It looks great. You're correct its not NOS but in VERY nice shape. I'd actually prefer that the part look very clean but also still look like the rest of the car.... which shows just a bit of 43 years of use.

Thanks again,

Steve

Glad your pleased.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.