Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A?C on 914-6 conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi,
Is anyone running AC on a 914-6 conversion?
I live in Florida and would like to have AC. I think that with the 6 it should be easy to cool the interior without loosing too much power.
I assume that the 914 evaporator would work, but how about the compressor and bracket, dryer and condenser? Condenser still requires cutting the floor in the front trunk?
Thanks,
Bill.
Tom_T
IIRC - George Hussey at AutoAtlanta put AC on his 73 -6 conversion, so maybe call him about what he recco's, plus they're next state north of you in FL.

The newer rotary compressors are far more efficient that the old 70's piston types originally put on our cars, & you can set it up for R134a from the git-go on a new build.

Last I saw, the old R12 was selling north of $100 per container (1 lb.??). A full fill of R134a is less than that one jug! blink.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Steve
Do a search, this comes up quite a bit
Also check out Pelcan.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...04-914-6-c.html
Mark Henry
I think McMark was doing or did one on a 3.0, he had to make a custom bracket.
If you do a search you might find the thread.
Gary
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 28 2016, 03:32 PM) *

I think McMark was doing or did one on a 3.0, he had to make a custom bracket.
If you do a search you might find the thread.

Thread here
ClayPerrine
More info in this thread...

AC Compressor Thread
McMark
Yup, the mount in on Gary's car and while the rest of the A/C system hasn't been finalized yet, we have driven the car with compressor in and hooked up. Hasn't thrown a belt, made noise, or otherwise shown any signs of issue. And we'll be handling the evaporator installation later this month. boldblue.gif That first time cold air blows out of the vents will be an amazing day in my 914 history. I can't wait.
daytona
Guys,
Thanks for the response. I'll take a look at the suggested threads and contact AA to see what they have to say.
Thanks again.
Bill.
MoveQik
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 29 2016, 07:02 AM) *

Yup, the mount in on Gary's car and while the rest of the A/C system hasn't been finalized yet, we have driven the car with compressor in and hooked up. Hasn't thrown a belt, made noise, or otherwise shown any signs of issue. And we'll be handling the evaporator installation later this month. boldblue.gif That first time cold air blows out of the vents will be an amazing day in my 914 history. I can't wait.

And you will have a new customer from AZ :-)
jeeperjohn56
Mark still looking for AC installed in my car keep me on the list when your done with everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.